Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-16-2010, 07:23 AM

Elle, I skipped printing the colored completed block to save on ink expenses this week and wound up having to re-do blocks because of it.

I can still skip printing them as long as I double check the layout before putting the rows together. I just have to make sure I actually do it because apparently it's backwards in my head. LOL
Old 01-16-2010, 08:42 AM

Klue, any chance you can email me your redraft of LS10? I want to work on it today! I'd really appreciate it!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:48 AM

Which reminds me...if anyone is working ahead, and KLue has not posted the week's tips yet...(she's in a busy season, so I'm trying hard not to bug too much, although that remains to be seen!) - the "that quilt" website has tips on the blocks, so you can go to them for hints, whether it needs mirroring, etc. It's a nice 2nd resource...

http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Elle, I skipped printing the colored completed block to save on ink expenses this week and wound up having to re-do blocks because of it.

I can still skip printing them as long as I double check the layout before putting the rows together. I just have to make sure I actually do it because apparently it's backwards in my head. LOL
Retro, I can see your point about not printing each block having just run out of ink, however I have method in my madness because Izy is going to join us on this one in England and I am posting the coloured pics to her so I only have to print once, to help her as well, she hasnīt got access to a computer.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Which reminds me...if anyone is working ahead, and KLue has not posted the week's tips yet...(she's in a busy season, so I'm trying hard not to bug too much, although that remains to be seen!) - the "that quilt" website has tips on the blocks, so you can go to them for hints, whether it needs mirroring, etc. It's a nice 2nd resource...

http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/
that quilt is a wonderful source but watch for mistakes, what i'm finding is she mirrors things that don't need to be mirrored.

i'm making RS2 in the triangle swap and it doesn't need to be mirrored.

like anything on the internet - use it as a tool but don't believe every word you read.

if you think its wrong, confirm the information for yourself.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:36 AM

It appears that if you mirror, and it doesn't need it, the block still comes out fine? Is that true? If so, I'd err on the side of caution, until we get the official word!!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
It appears that if you mirror, and it doesn't need it, the block still comes out fine? Is that true? If so, I'd err on the side of caution, until we get the official word!!
i'm not sure, i haven't done each block each way to see if that theory holds true.

its not clear where that quilt made the mistake or if it just plays out well no matter what - this is the problem with mistakes.

did she take accurate notes, did she think she clicked mirror but it didn't take and she actually printed it out standard, did she use a template in the computer in make her notes and forget to erase the "mirror" part in the template, or does this one triangle come out correctly either way.

it could be that i clicked mirror and didn't take accurate notes.

just too many unknowns and i'm so used to double checking some one elses work and having my own worked doubled checked (this is the life of a scientist) that i always analyze everything and then go to work.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:19 PM

When I am running low on ink I print without color but as soon as it comes off the print I mark with a "P" those that would have been color.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kosmos
When I am running low on ink I print without color but as soon as it comes off the print I mark with a "P" those that would have been color.
this is what i do, i just put a P too.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by kosmos
this is what i do, i just put a P too.
great minds run in the same channels ;)