Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Can We Have An Quilt Show/Contest?  I Have A Winner!! >

Can We Have An Quilt Show/Contest? I Have A Winner!!

Can We Have An Quilt Show/Contest? I Have A Winner!!

Old 08-31-2015, 02:54 AM

I think it is a beautiful quilt
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 AM

You lose - not ugly at all. It's bright and modern and someone will love it.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:29 AM

We all know the disappointment of having our creative ideas backfire. To have the ability to laugh when this happens is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your "uglies" and reminding us we are all human.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:29 AM

It isn't my taste but I don't think it is ugly. Thank God all our tastes are different because otherwise it wouldn't be any fun. Somebody will just fall in love with it. I have made some ugly quilts over the years but I tend to tuck them away & never finish them.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Koriana, I think you and I are tied right now. Are you an Anne McCaffrey fan? (the name koriana)
Kassaundra...I used to read McCaffrey when I was younger and always loved her stories but life got busy and I didn't keep up. I didn't know she had a character named Koriana. I created the name from my two granddaughters' names...Quorrah & Eliana...I love the sound of it and now that I know that Anne McCaffrey has stories with a character by that name, it is even more special. I'll have to find the book(s) and learn about this character. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Sorry I think it is very lively and would absolutely be loved by a lot of teens and young people, and even older ones. Do donate it either to the original program or the homeless shelter you mentioned. I think it is destined to be loved.
What she said. I love it.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Koriana View Post
Kassaundra...I used to read McCaffrey when I was younger and always loved her stories but life got busy and I didn't keep up. I didn't know she had a character named Koriana. I created the name from my two granddaughters' names...Quorrah & Eliana...I love the sound of it and now that I know that Anne McCaffrey has stories with a character by that name, it is even more special. I'll have to find the book(s) and learn about this character. Thanks.
I believe she ends up being the wife of Jaxom rider of white Ruth. She nursed him back to health from a near fatal case of firehead. But it has been a little while so I might have her confused w/ another character in the over 20 books! lol
Old 09-07-2015, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
OK Jeanne, here you go and I definitely think this one will give a run for the award. I call it "Technicolor vomit". Maybe some child will like all the bright colors. It wasn't a total loss as I did have fun making it but boy is it ugly. It will be a while before I quilt it. I keep hoping it will grow on me, but it only seems to grow on me like mold on cheese I have kept too long.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529268[/ATTACH]
Feline fanatic, I think this quilt is so modern and any teenage girl would love it! Heck, I even like it, and I'm no spring chicken!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:38 AM

"love put on making a quilt" and so on apart and just for the fun of it: Kassaundra and Koriana are serious contesters... they do qualify !
Old 09-09-2015, 12:11 AM

There is nothing ugly about that quilt, I love it