Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pattern app? >
  • Pattern app?

• Pattern app?

Old 09-27-2015, 07:45 PM

Default Pattern app?

Does anyone know if there's a pattern app that you can put how much fabric you have, such as 1/2 one print, 1/2 one print, 1 yard solid, 2 yards large print and 2 yards print, and it can suggest patterns for the amount of fabric you have. My daughter wants a Halloween quilt, even if it's not on Halloween, and we have random fabric with random yardage. So I was thinking of something like that is out there it would be easier than wading through hundreds of patterns.

I actully have
    1/2 yard of dark print
    1/2 yard of light print
    1 yard of dark print
    1 yard of light print
    2 yards of dark print
    2 yards of light print.

If anyone has an idea that is pretty simple that I may only need to add a little bit more fabric, please share your idea. And if you know of a computer program or an app (iOS) please let me know. Can't sleep so going to stray going through patterns. Wish me luck!!
    Old 09-27-2015, 07:46 PM

Actually an app for iOS or android will work
    Old 09-27-2015, 08:06 PM

I had to reply to this--not because I could help you with an app, but because my DH and DD keep trying to get me to give up my flip phone for one of those 'new-fangled thingies' that probably has an app for most anything but birthing a baby! I love my old phone because it is simple enough that I can use it to make phone calls and occasionally text (something that I just learned to do in the last year!!) and does not take me to places I did not want to go!!

You are going about this backwards. You seem to have decided that you want to use all these fabrics, but have you thought about the size of the object that you want to make? Have you decided on the focus fabric that you want to hi-light or is this just an exercise on using all the fabric?
    Old 09-27-2015, 08:23 PM

I just check. Instead of 2 yards I have 1 1/4 yard. I forgot I have some to a friend
    Old 09-27-2015, 08:28 PM

Sorry about not putting the size. Anything from a lap quilt to twin. She's just going to use it to snuggle up in while reading or watching tv.

I do have a focal fabric I would like to use, but if I need to buy more fabric, it can change. Just something fun and Halloween. My daughter is 19 and very artistic and likes lots of color
    Old 09-28-2015, 03:31 AM

There is an app called "Block Tool" (android, maybe iOS)that will do that in steps. Tells you how many squares, triangles, whatever you need for block, then in the end has pages that tell you how many squares, triangles you can get out of a yard.

Has at least 4 sizes of blocks. 3" to 12"
    Old 09-29-2015, 02:59 AM
    Power Poster

I agree with Ginger K. I call my simple flip phone DUMB DUMB because I like a phone that is NOT smarter than me! The only app I have found is the RK app.
    Old 09-29-2015, 07:41 PM

GingerK I too love my little antique flip phone and have no plans to up grade to a modern day phone although my family and friends try to shame me into doing so. Not only does it serve my needs but it also generates smiles from others every time I use it in public. LOL