Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hello! New here and jumping in with Machine Purchase help >

Hello! New here and jumping in with Machine Purchase help

Hello! New here and jumping in with Machine Purchase help

Old 09-29-2015, 05:40 AM

Welcome from Illinois. I have the Sapphire and I love it but I needed more instruction than I got from where I purchased it. I really want a Bernina but would love an old all metal one. I love an old workhorse as all I do is quilt.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:25 AM

Thanks everyone! So much think about.....Thank you Lady Diana, I appreciate your candid warning about the 7700. I just called the other closest dealer to me and asked about the 7700. They are supposed to call me back.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:45 AM

Welcome!

The nearest grocery is at least 15 miles in one direction, 18 miles in another, 33 miles in another, 42 miles in another. However; I found my Janome Memory Craft 6600P "New" this year for $1500.00. I love, love, love this machine. I really had my heart and soul set on a Bernina 730 or 750 (which I was quoted $8000.00) I can't even remember now; yet, when I tried this Janome and it did everything that Bernina did and for the difference in the money and how quiet it is and am thrilled as I can be with it. I made the right decision and do NOT regret it at all! I would do it again if I had to! - and I am NOT even getting paid to say this either, what a shame; however, it is so very true, I do love this machine. I have already taken it to a quilting class as well and the teacher even fell in love with it and she had a Bernina. Lots of luck to whatever you decide. You must be happy with the one you sit down to and want to sew on for hours at a time.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:25 AM

Welcome from North Carolina!

I personally would not buy a machine without trying out first ... no matter how great the reviews are. I have the Juki F600 and love it! I suggest driving the 3hrs. to try it out and negotiate a price. You mentioned you have another Juki dealer closer to you so if you like Juki after trying it, perhaps the dealer closer to you can order it and give you a few classes. And that would be much closer to drive for annual servicing.

As far as FMQ on the Juki F600, I'm still a novice ... but I'm getting there. I've never tried the 2010 but have read good things. Check out the Pattern Review Board someone else mentioned. That's what I did when I was looking. Lots of good info on Juki there ... but please try before you buy no matter the brand. Good luck!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:04 AM

Hi and welcome!

i just bought a Juki HZL F300 from Sew and Vac Direct. Love this machine! I had a much more expensive Babylock Ellure Plus, which I sold (too finicky). The good thing about SVD is that you can order the machine you want and if you don't like it after 30 days, you can return it. That was a big selling point for me, since the Juki dealer nearest to me is 2 1/2 hours away and has very strange hours which were not convenient for me.

check them out, they have great machines.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:06 AM

Well, I took the plunge! I ordered the Juki F600 AND the 2010!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!!!! Nervous, exciting and just plain crazy! Should be here by Friday! AAAGGGGHHHHH the excitement and tension is like waiting for Christmas!!!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:09 AM

You will love Juki! Or should I say Jukis!!
Old 09-29-2015, 10:22 AM

Default Janome 6600

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I started out with a Janome 6600 4 years ago and won't give it up. This spring I purchased the 8900 and haven't regretted it one bit. Both sew like a dream and my local Janome dealer is only 20 minutes away. Good luck in your decision.
I just recently purchased a Janome 6600 and am enjoying it. My 440QE Bernina is a wonderful machine but the harp on the Janome is the so much better with the extra space. Price was much lower also-with scissors and even feed foot plus other features the Bernina doesn't have.
I haven't tried FMQ on the Janome yet.

Last edited by ghk1936; 09-29-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by boykinsmommy View Post
Well, I took the plunge! I ordered the Juki F600 AND the 2010!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!!!! Nervous, exciting and just plain crazy! Should be here by Friday! AAAGGGGHHHHH the excitement and tension is like waiting for Christmas!!!
LOL! I think you will love the 2010. I just checked on the return policy and you have 30 days to return. My advice is to open the boxes as soon as they come and start working on the machines right away. Try out everything to make sure everything works and to make sure you like the machines enough to keep them. To return, just go online to your orders; it is an easy process to return an item, but you must do it before that 30 days is up.

Of course, you know we will all be waiting with baited breath to see what your reaction is. Hope you will post about it on this thread so we are not all dying of suspense!
Old 09-29-2015, 11:39 AM

Oh Prism99!! I'm so excited!! You knowI will post ALL about it! I probably will set it up as a separatepost. Maybe I'll post it in both places just to hope everyone whomight be interested in an update will find it. The best thing isthat it is supposed to RAIN!!! ALL WEEKEND LONG!! Can anyone ask foranything better?? HA HA!! My men will be stir crazy but I'll beeither having a ball or cussing a blue streak...I'm going with havingfun!

I ended up not buying it online as Igot a better price deal from a “dealer” about an hour outside ofwhere I live. In my separate post I mentioned that. He isn't asfamiliar with the F600 but is with the 2010 and has sold a few ofthose with no complaints from customers. That is the smallest Jukihe sells in shop. I like having at least a nearby person who is veryfamiliar with machines for any unforeseen repairs going forward andalso for accountability. He's a curmudgeon but he's been in thisbusiness for 94 years (obviously not him personally but it started ashis family's business). I am protected too by State Law that if forany reason I can't live with these (which I'm seriously thinking itshould be fine...I hope!) the seller HAS to take them back within 30days for FULL refund. I'm just hoping I do not have to go thatroute...I really want these to be the end all of choices and mymachines for the next 10 yrs of my life...alas, I must admit, I dofeel that I could easily be a machine junkie....