Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
THE BEST PART >

THE BEST PART

THE BEST PART

Old 03-14-2008, 01:06 PM

The best part is finding a design that takes your breath away and already seeing the colors you want. My second favorite part is giving it away to someone special and knowing I had a part in making that gift precious.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:17 PM

I agree with you Barb ! The best part is when it's DONE :!: :!: :mrgreen:
Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Good question Anne Marie!:0)I think the best part for me would be the 'hunt' for a project or fabric..walking up and down aisles of bolts after bolts and then fingering thru fat quarters...than I'd have to say the best part is going home and prepping the quilt pattern w/my new fabric...oh, and then the best part is sewing all the blocks....oh and then the best part is putting all of it together including the binding...oh and the best part is...sleeping under it....oh?! Anne Marie...was that just 1 best part??How can you really decide:))LOL Oh, and another best part...is finding and adding notions in my sewing basket....oh, and then there's the best part of sleeping w/a flash light looking thru all the great quilt magazines...oh, see, there I go again...:)Skeat
Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM

Skeat :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :You are ABSOLUTELY right :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :wink:
Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 PM

Ditto Ditto Ditto to everyone
Old 03-17-2008, 08:49 PM

I like designing my own quilt sampler like I did with the red hat in my Avatar. I also enjoy piecing, most of the time. :lol: I like to learn new techniques and to improve in known areas. It is fun to try new patterns too. :wink: Now if I could just get better in the quilting part itself the JOY would be complete. :lol:
Old 03-25-2008, 11:55 AM

Looking at quilts someone else has made and trying to figure out how they did something; looking at fabric and picking out all the different colors and then listening to it tell me what kind of quilt it wants to become.....I've got so much fabric just waiting to become something wonderful but I won't cut into it until I think I've mastered whatever block pattern I'm trying to learn. I even have one piece that I've had for two years now -- just too pretty to even cut. I think I'll turn it into a whole piece quilt.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Well, besides seeing the finished product (which I think for every quilter is a favorite, hands down) I really like the design process. Granted, when I really get focused on a project I can get in over my head a bit and end up driving myself nuts trying to come up with something I'm satisfied with and then figuring out how I'm gonna do it (ah, the life of an artist).
Gosh, it isn't just me???!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:19 PM

My favorite part,

Ok this is gonna be hard to put into words. My favorite part is when I'm kinda in the zone. I love all of the parts of quilting, but my favorite part is the feeling of piecing together a top with nearly no mistakes, or Piecing blocks together, and looking to see that the seams match just right. I can just go on for hours and hours when I am in that zone. Any part of quilting that puts me there, that is my favorite part!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Everything !!! (except the sandwiching part)

I'm a true fabric fondler!