Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • If you use Cool Whip >
  • If you use Cool Whip

• If you use Cool Whip

Old 10-07-2015, 08:24 AM
    Power Poster

Default If you use Cool Whip

then try Truwhip the Natural. So much better and better ingredients. It looks like a Cool Whip container and is on the shelf with Cool Whip. I bought it by mistake and so glad I did. It really does taste like hand whipped cream. I don't like to whip cream, but I do for fruit salads. DH thought it was fresh whipped LOL
    Old 10-07-2015, 08:38 AM

I have not seen this product, but I never buy cool whip. I hate that stuff. I whip my own cream usually, but I will look for this and try it. Sometimes whipped cream doesn't stay firm for as long as I would like.
    Old 10-07-2015, 09:54 AM

Mike's girl. If Sometimes whipped cream doesn't stay whipped, I put a spoon or two of powdered sugar in it while beating. Powdered sugar has cornstarch in it and it helps a lot.
    Old 10-07-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    then try Truwhip the Natural. So much better and better ingredients. It looks like a Cool Whip container and is on the shelf with Cool Whip. I bought it by mistake and so glad I did. It really does taste like hand whipped cream. I don't like to whip cream, but I do for fruit salads. DH thought it was fresh whipped LOL
    Yes! This is sooooooo much healthier and taste better. I buy it at Wal-Mart.
    Old 10-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Making whipped cream is almost as easy as opening the container of a manufactured "product." Put the glass or pottery bowl in the freezer beforehand so it's icy cold, make sure the cream itself is well chilled, and use a big whisk with lots of wires. It takes about a minute to get real whipped cream - why would anyone settle for less?
    Old 10-07-2015, 02:36 PM
    Power Poster

Will look for it. I love fresh whipped cream but also enjoy Cool Whip. Two different things in my opinion. Mr. Stitchnripper can't eat dairy (gives him migraines, he's not lactose intolerant) but he can eat Cool Whip so sometimes we have that.
    Old 10-08-2015, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    Is this a product of TRUVIA? Name is familiar and I do love Truvia.........not that sickening sweet of the artificial sweeteners.
    Old 10-08-2015, 03:49 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
    Is this a product of TRUVIA? Name is familiar and I do love Truvia.........not that sickening sweet of the artificial sweeteners.

I don't think so as it has cane sugar in it. The Tru is for True. I use premade whipped topping in some recipes, the recipes won't be the same with hand whipped. Especially when the topping is part of the mix and not just a topping. I'm all for non processed foods especially for kids but not going to turn down a good tasting dessert because it doesn't have hand whipped topping. LOL
    Old 10-08-2015, 06:28 AM

Mike's girl.....To keep my whip cream stiff, I use a product called "WhipIt" and it works well. I get it at specialty stores selling kitchen products. When I go to Michigan (my home state) I get it in Frankenmuth (a German village) but I don't get there as often as I would like but I buy a few packets at a time.....it keeps well. Hope you can find it in your area.
    Old 10-08-2015, 06:39 AM
    Power Poster

Never noticed this before. Thanks for the post.