Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 10-14-2015, 12:10 PM

Nothing else started !!!! Where's those Boom quilts girl! I haven't seen the quilts from Boom 14 or 15 yet.....I am really looking forward to seeing your quilt from 14....I love that fabric and all the blocks look great together! You've got some beautiful quilts there......

Also Cuppy....I am locating the cat block on the back....because it says "Bon Voyage" and my niece is always leaving her cat with friends....perfect!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
WOW...amazing how ALL the blocks go together with the center piece!! Wish all Boom swaps were that easy to arrange the blocks and have it look so amazing. I just love that little "sunbonnet sue" in the upper right hand corner. I just finished my lst tshirt quilt, getting ready to send to quilters and believe it or not I have NOTHING else started....time to pull out the previous booms and work with them????
Old 10-15-2015, 06:38 AM

Bee your quilt is just awesome, love love how it all came together. Seems like I'm not very motivated right now because everything I touch turns into one big mess. I have ripped apart a mug rug 3 times and finally said to heck with it and starting a new one. A mug rug, how hard can that be. Grrrrrrr
Old 10-15-2015, 07:02 AM

Hahaha! Terri, I certainly can relate......I have learned that when I pull the big dumb bunny stunt .....that's the one where I shout, "I can't believe I did that!" ...time to move away from the machine. and do something I can't break!

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Bee your quilt is just awesome, love love how it all came together. Seems like I'm not very motivated right now because everything I touch turns into one big mess. I have ripped apart a mug rug 3 times and finally said to heck with it and starting a new one. A mug rug, how hard can that be. Grrrrrrr
Old 10-15-2015, 08:45 AM

Hello there Boomers,
Just an fyi that today I've been emailing some feedback on Boom 15 . Most of what I've heard and seen is positive (yeah you!) but we continue to have some sporadic sizing and color request issues. When I send feedback, I try to send all feedback, positive and not so positive. All of it is meant constructively. I've just been taken to task for essentially taking all the fun out of this swap. Please understand that as long as I run the swap, I will continue to encourage everyone to strive for that 12 1/2 inch block and I will continue to ask that everyone try as hard as possible to meet color requests. This will not change.

Please know I appreciate each and every one of you! You are a wonderful group of swappers and I'm pleased every single one of you joined Boom 15!

Back to a few more emails. Enjoy your day!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:10 PM

Sorry to hear that Janice, don't know why someone would not like to receive comments made and try to improve the problem. I for one appreciate them...feel I can always learn. I try to make blocks to size and know that sometimes they are a bit scant but I'm still striving. When I enter a quilt in the fair, that's why I do it. I know I'm going to get some negative and that is what I need to work on the most. Started joining mine blocks today and decided to make it bigger, 3 more to go. Think it went together nicely, again thank you ladies and these are blocks from both groups[ATTACH=CONFIG]533474[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	019.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	533474  
Old 10-15-2015, 06:00 PM

I'm with Jaba, have had a few blocks that came out scant but not from lack of trying. I spend lots of time picking out fabric per the requests and hope others do the same for me but hopefully others can do it quicker then me��. If I am doing something not up to par I hope to be told so I can try and correct the problem
Old 10-15-2015, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sorry to hear that Janice, don't know why someone would not like to receive comments made and try to improve the problem. I for one appreciate them...feel I can always learn. I try to make blocks to size and know that sometimes they are a bit scant but I'm still striving. When I enter a quilt in the fair, that's why I do it. I know I'm going to get some negative and that is what I need to work on the most. Started joining mine blocks today and decided to make it bigger, 3 more to go. Think it went together nicely, again thank you ladies and these are blocks from both groups[ATTACH=CONFIG]533474[/ATTACH]
Jaba this is beautiful I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Also I see mine I see mine it's silly how excited I get when I see a block I made in your guys finished quilts.

Last edited by Billi; 10-15-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: more stuff
Old 10-15-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Hello there Boomers,
Just an fyi that today I've been emailing some feedback on Boom 15 . Most of what I've heard and seen is positive (yeah you!) but we continue to have some sporadic sizing and color request issues. When I send feedback, I try to send all feedback, positive and not so positive. All of it is meant constructively. I've just been taken to task for essentially taking all the fun out of this swap. Please understand that as long as I run the swap, I will continue to encourage everyone to strive for that 12 1/2 inch block and I will continue to ask that everyone try as hard as possible to meet color requests. This will not change.

Please know I appreciate each and every one of you! You are a wonderful group of swappers and I'm pleased every single one of you joined Boom 15!

Back to a few more emails. Enjoy your day!
Janice you absolutley do not Suck the fun out!!! I know for sure in my first boom I made some poor color choices and have sent out a few too small.....Since then I strive for a perfect 12.5 but have a few times settled for something a little small hopefully not more than a 1/16 and works within your color pallet. It would be way less fun for me to receive a number of blocks that are too small, poorly constructed, or completely off in color.

Thank you Janice and thank all of you ladies for helping me to make a great quilt.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:00 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533491[/ATTACH]

If someone doesn't help me see my mistakes, then I will continue to make them. If someone doesn't want to know of their mistakes they are living in a small sad spot. I generally will fess up to my mistakes before anyone else sees them because they are glaring to me and I feel bad that the block I made isn't up to what I feel it should be. I haven't ironed and starched my blocks out this time around yet so I'm not sure it there's any shorties in this batch or not, but starch will do wonders for some problems.

I've been in 6 or more boom's and I truly feel everyone does the best they can do. I've explained to many others, that anytime you swap you run the chance of good and bad, but you take that chance when you sign up and you had best take it in a good natured way. We never know if it's their very first blocks or if someone has a sight problem but loves to still sew. These swaps might be their only avenue of social activity. I thank everyone for taking the time out of their hectic lives to share a little of their soul with me and my fabric swatch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533492[/ATTACH]

Thank you Janice for helping us become better ....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quilt do 1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	533491   Click image for larger version

Name:	quilters do.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	533492  
Old 10-16-2015, 04:18 AM

Smile 16 in 16

As I've been saying for a couple of years, you Boomers rock! Thanks for the support. I guess I'm trying to make everyone happy and I forget that it is an impossible mission so I'll just shoot for as many as possible. And to that end, here's the latest: Boom 16 in 2016. I'm going to give you regular boomers - and myself - the next couple of months off.

Almost the week I signed on to the Booms 2 years ago, my sister's illness was diagnosed. This swap has kept me sane in an insane time. Now that she's gone and I'm swamped with a different set of responsibilities, I've decided to hold off sign-ups for Boom 16 until at least mid-January. That's three months for me to adjust to life as it now is, get through our first set of holidays without sis, and actually do some of my own quilting instead of only administrating a swap. (Heaven knows my own piecing skills are woefully challenged right now. I cannot make a block the right size the first time around for love nor money.) And what that means for you all is that you can take a break from Booms, put some tops together, start new projects you might not have started, check out and join other swaps on the QB, etc.; the possibilities are endless! Then, in January, those of you who wish to reconvene at Boom Central can do so. Maybe we'll pick up some old friends and maybe we'll find some new ones. In the meantime, feel free to keep in touch on this thread. I'll check in regularly and see what's happening. I hope we see some completed tops like Jaba's, (the Queen of Speed ), Bee's completed Paris quilt, and maybe you'll post some other pieces you're working on, whatever you like. If anyone wants to reach me, pm or email me. I'm in another swap that runs through February, so I check in there regularly. I'll be around.

Have a great day my friends and relax! I know I'm going to - for about an hour - then it's back to Mom's house to touch up some trim.

Janice