Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning  up your sewing space..Join me?! >

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM

My progress just came to a great grinding halt. DH and a friend are re-doing the hall floor. (Ripping up old underflooring, laying strips for tubing channels, laying the tubing, cement board next, then tiles. Whew!!) All the doors off the hallway are taped closed to keep construction dust out of rooms. Hopefully this will be finished between today and next weekend.

Patti
Old 01-18-2010, 01:08 PM

4dogs - please post picture of cabinet. I may want to buy one myself.
Thanks,
JOY
Old 01-18-2010, 03:08 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
I have a couple in the garage waiting to get used in the organization.
I am also glad to see I am not the only one who has let things get out of hand and used my kitchen for storage.
I have alot of fleece, I use it for my new business, fleece dog jackets. So I will need to find an area in the room for all the totes you see in the pictures.
I have been depressed due to the 1 year anniversity of my father's death, I am better and ready to get my mind on something else. I have a couple of quilts I need to finish also.
yes it is hard when a parent dies..my mum died just over a year ago and it has taken me this long to start getting on with things. i too was depressed and it helps to do things you enjoy even if it is only for 15 mins but once i start i usually end up quilting for longer..hang in there..
Old 01-18-2010, 03:10 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

forgot to say it is nice to see everyones sewing spaces..
Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 PM

Boxer mom...Do you have anything of your dad's? I kept one of my dad's belts and when I am really missing him, I wear it...it's like getting a hug from him.

blahel....you are so right in that doing something that you enjoy, that occupies both your hands and your mind really helps.

Patti
Old 01-18-2010, 03:44 PM

Well, my bdrms are finally painted. Now it's time to put things away. Slowly working on my sewing room, but not for the past week. \

Boxer Mom, sorry about your Dad. It hurts. Just hang in there. We're here for you.

Well, my side of this board shows that Markus created Plentyoffish.com and he generates about 800K relationships a year. So signup now! Anybody get this? If not, why am I so lucky. The other day, I was shown, up to a point, how to get rid of belly fat.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM

I have been sorting and cleaning and listing things I won't used. I don't have good before pictures but will try to post some soon. It is great to do this together ... it will inspire us to do it.
Eileen
Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the encourgement, my mother passed away back in 2002 and it was on thanksgiving day (a couple of days after my b-day). My father passed away one day after my sister's b-day. So we both will have a day of sadness after our b-day's. I still am trying to get out of the slump, I am doing the "clean up" to get me movated and I think it is helping.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:28 PM

I am still working on cleaning the space but got distracted, voluntarily, by a bag that a friend would like me to make. It's a scrappy log cabin bag using just whatever scraps I have and a strip of some fabric between the two sides to give the bag more space. Am still working on the bag but have made much progress on the room. Just need to get back to bag and/or room. Don't yet have sewing machine in there b/c still have dresser there that we gave to a friend who's expecting.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 PM

I have a mini urn of his ashes and two of his pocket watches and believe it or not he kept a leather key holder I made for him way back when I was a kid. He didn't want to ruin it so he never used it and I have it also.
I don't know if I can carry them with me yet, I still get teary eyed when I look at these things.