Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas gifts - making anything festive? >

Christmas gifts - making anything festive?

Christmas gifts - making anything festive?

Old 10-27-2015, 04:03 AM

I have my UFO pile and my Christmas UFO pile. Goal was to make tree skirts for each family member last year, didn't make that happen; but maybe I'll get closer this year.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:50 AM

Finished quilts for 4 grandchilden and shirt for my husband, still need to make pillowcases to match quilts as their mothers don't want pillow shams. New crazy quilt purse for my mother; guitar bag for moms boyfriend, infinity scarves & pot holders for all the girls in the family and potholders in tropical fabric for all my girlfriends also a couple of casserole carrier sets too!! Here are pictures of the finished quilts for grandchildren: turquoise quilt is free pattern from allpeoplequilt.com; red, black & white quilt is "Twisted Bargello" pattern from Chris Timmins; orange with primary colors is "Spiral burst Bargello" from Becky Bartello and the blue & green quilt is the "Winter Whisper" table runner pattern in the book Beautiful Bargello that I multiplied to make into a quilt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	534281   Click image for larger version

Views:	395
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	534282   Click image for larger version

Views:	415
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	534283   Click image for larger version

Views:	460
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	534284  
Old 10-27-2015, 05:26 AM

I am waiting for 2 Spiderman quilts to get back from the longarmer to bind. I made them by request for an old Jr. Hg/H.S. friend who is so excited to give his dgs's Spiderman quilts for Xmas. So festive -no, but am excited for grp.
As far as festive, I have a Christmas quilt(for me) from a kit that is ready to have the binding made and be done since last Nov. UGH!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:35 AM

I am working on Christmas stockings for my granddaughters, a table runner for my daughter and a table topper for me. I hope to be done in the next week.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:45 AM

This is in reply to momellis.

Good heavens! That is awful and I sure hope you use two canes when you are operational again.

Last edited by Yooper32; 10-27-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:51 AM

How about tablet cases? Tote bags? Aprons? Fabric bowls and boxes?
Old 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM

God Bless. -- One day at at time and one craft at a time. Don't stress.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
I don't think I'll be making any of my gifts this year, life is just too much in the way right now and for the foreseeable future. What I'm doing now though is making portable crib sheets, needed with two new babies in the family. I bought a couple of cute brand new full size flat sheets at a thrift store and figured out I can get 4 pack n play size sheets out of each full.

Cari
Great idea Cari. I have only one pack 'n' play sheet.
Sewgranny1: WOW. Gorgeous quilts and lots of ideas. Want to adopt me : )

I am making a set of 25" Raggedy Ann and Andy for my one month old DGD. Her mom always loved them so she is getting them a little late : ) Also plan on making two name banners, approx. 5' x 18" for the two grandsons: 3 yrs. in Nov. and 3 yrs. in Feb. They will have a train theme with engine, three flat cars and a caboose. Each flat car will hold a letter of their name (ELI & ZAN) I made one for my DGD when she knew her letters but not how to spell her name. It is here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...h-t191130.html It still hangs above her bed at almost seven years old.
Sew much to do................sew little time!

Last edited by EmiliasNana; 10-27-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:31 PM

So far I am making mug rugs for my quilting pals. Last year I made a quilt for my nice using a batik jelly roll and fleece for backing. She is always cold, even in summer, to I made it big enough to wrap herself up in it. No one else wants a quilt, so they won't get one. I also think I am going to make cat nip mats for my friends who have cats. Oh, and make a couple for my cat too! She has one quilt in her kitty condo, and another put together but not quilted yet for her kitty bed. I am going to make one for her carrier too.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Momellis View Post
I only wish! Had knee replacement Sept 2nd then fell 5 days later & broke my femur on the same leg. Now can't walk until after Christmas! My sewing room is upstairs & a million miles away.
Momellis, I hope you have a speedy recovery and can get back to your sewing room quickly.