2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 10-30-2015, 06:38 PM

Mad quilter, I hope you have fun at your retreat.

I haven't bought any fabric lately, but I did buy studio 2 fabric cutter and a few dies. So tomorrow I'm make different fabric sized stripes. I'll see how I like the cutter. I finished my holiday blocks for my swap. So now I'm working on my sister's doll quilt and getting together my secret Santa package. I'm also working on organizing my sewing room.

enjoy sewing everyone and happy halloween everyone!!!!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:30 AM

Confession... Visiting long-time quilting friend in Houston for the quilt festival. Went first two days and admit I bought some fabric but just white on white, one yd of dots (quilt in making) but I fell off when I bought a wallhanging kit (not my usual MO). Also some appliqué supplies as I also got an appliqué/embroidery pattern and my friend is working with me on that. Just a few bumps and one bruise, maybe two. We'll head back tomorrow to see if we can snag some last minute deals.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Martina: you are granted pre-absolution. Just tell us what you bought so we can enjoy it too!
Happylab: I love my cutter!!! hope you have fun with yours. PM me if you have any questions.
AUQuilter: sounds like you did use some restraint.
Someone just gave me 2 bolts of yukata fabric. Both are the traditional indigo & white colors. I have some of my husband's grandmother's yukata, but can't cut them, so this will give me something to play with.
Hope everyone has a fun & safe Halloween. I'm dressing up as a quilter. Lots of threads hanging all over.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:50 AM

Hope everyone has a fun & safe Halloween. I'm dressing up as a quilter. Lots of threads hanging all over.[/QUOTE]

PaperPrincess, I guess I "dress up" everyday. I always have threads hanging all over! lol
Old 10-31-2015, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I'm dressing up as a quilter. Lots of threads hanging all over.
That means it's Halloween at my house at least 4 days a week. lol

Last night I finished the first 81 sets of log cabin blocks. Now I get to sort the remaining strips from my lovely quilting sisters mixed with a bunch of mine. This is going to be a fun day.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

OK, here's a home stretch pep talk! Officially, the 2015 moratorium ends on U.S. Black Friday (11/27/15). So we only need to be strong for a couple more weeks. Remember, however, that this is your moratorium and so make up rules that work for you and your stash. If you are planning on going to the end of the year, I salute you!
Old 11-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

AND THEN we'll have Moratorium 2016.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:43 AM

If I buy material this year it will be Thanksgiving week. Son not said yet. But it has been go Sunday before and he gets me Friday after, My younger son takes me to my older son's. DIL may take me shopping. Only time I get there. Rather my sons set up again . I have not bought any material this year but sheets at thrift shops for borders and slashing. I have been trying to save money for this trip. Couple panels I need for my series of quilts . This is best place I have found to buy what I want. Western wild animals like we have in Colorado. That limits what I will buy. Scenic plannels ok.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

We can do it...after a while this becomes a good habit..I must admit buying fabric has been excessive for me in the past. Now I think not just once, but twice before I buy..It's nice to have support along the way...I hope a new moratorium begins in 2016...
Old 11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

I know what you mean, oksewglad. For a few years I went absolutely batsh*t with my purchases. Last year was just fun trying to break the rules (but I did better, having to "confess" to the group). This year I did really well in comparison. Even the purchases I did make have a project in mind. So next year I should do even better.