Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So Excited! Almost done! One-Project-Rule here I come! >

So Excited! Almost done! One-Project-Rule here I come!

So Excited! Almost done! One-Project-Rule here I come!

Old 11-16-2015, 09:25 AM

Default So Excited! Almost done! One-Project-Rule here I come!

I just had to share! I'm so excited that this quilt is almost done! I've been working on it for 5-6 years. The longest UFO that I've ever had hanging over my head. I don't even have a good excuse as to why it took so long, except to say that for some strange reason, it really didn't inspire me. I started it for my niece when my sister in law was pregnant. My niece is now in kindergarten, and since then, my SIL and BIL had a second daughter - which didn't help things, because then I felt like I had to make two quilts! My SIL told me a while back that they would be happy to share this one.

We had a great deal of discussion over fabric and other things, way back when I started. It was a fun process, but I just never really felt into it. We had a lot going on in our family at the time, and I was working a lot (still am...) but I don't really know what happened. I had finished several other large quilts prior to this, and maybe I was just burned out.

In any case, it's finally off the rack and I'm about half way done with the binding. This is, of course, my fur babies' favorite part of quilting. You can't see doggie underneath snoring away, but here's Behbeh all cuddled up.

Also, I just have to share - I used to have a One-Project-Rule. I tend to get overwhelmed and feel scattered when I have multiple projects going, which causes me to shut down (could also be another reason this one took so long to finish...) and I'm about 3 UFO's away from being able to institute my rule again. I'm relieved and excited that I'm getting caught up!

Anyway, I'll post pics of this when it's finished. :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535825[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Quilting.jpg
Views:	2485
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	535825  
Old 11-16-2015, 10:22 AM

I'm a one-project-at-a-time person too. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished quilt.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Looking good. I find hand quilting and hand sewing the binding on very relaxing, as does your fur baby. I also stick to the one project rule.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:02 AM

Congratulations on your finished quilt.

I too had a UFO like that. I started it in September 2007 and finished it a few months ago. It's nice to finish.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Ditto what everyone else says. I have about 6 going on and I just come to a complete stop. Need to regroup and reorganizing the sewing room doesn't help.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:45 AM

Very nicely done and your furry baby is comfy, while helping you.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

WOW! I don't think I could sew a straight seam with that fur baby in the way. So cute. The quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Job well done.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:04 PM

lovely quilt, and congrats for finishing it! I could never have a one UFO rule, I always have at least 4-6 in process and go back and forth on them. Great job!!
Old 11-16-2015, 04:56 PM

I like the one project rule also. I told myself when I first started quilting that I would not have a lot of UFO's hanging around waiting to be finished. I've pretty much stuck to my rule. Only occasionally will an unexpected project pop in the middle of one ongoing.

Your quilt is beautiful. You & Behbeh look very, very comfortable. Congrats on the finish!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

You are such a tease... showing us only the back!

Your little tuxedo kitty looks like a real 'lover'.

Originally Posted by AllyStitches View Post
I just had to share! I'm so excited that this quilt is almost done! I've been working on it for 5-6 years. The longest UFO that I've ever had hanging over my head. I don't even have a good excuse as to why it took so long, except to say that for some strange reason, it really didn't inspire me. I started it for my niece when my sister in law was pregnant. My niece is now in kindergarten, and since then, my SIL and BIL had a second daughter - which didn't help things, because then I felt like I had to make two quilts! My SIL told me a while back that they would be happy to share this one.

We had a great deal of discussion over fabric and other things, way back when I started. It was a fun process, but I just never really felt into it. We had a lot going on in our family at the time, and I was working a lot (still am...) but I don't really know what happened. I had finished several other large quilts prior to this, and maybe I was just burned out.

In any case, it's finally off the rack and I'm about half way done with the binding. This is, of course, my fur babies' favorite part of quilting. You can't see doggie underneath snoring away, but here's Behbeh all cuddled up.

Also, I just have to share - I used to have a One-Project-Rule. I tend to get overwhelmed and feel scattered when I have multiple projects going, which causes me to shut down (could also be another reason this one took so long to finish...) and I'm about 3 UFO's away from being able to institute my rule again. I'm relieved and excited that I'm getting caught up!

Anyway, I'll post pics of this when it's finished. :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535825[/ATTACH]