Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Studio in Basement? At Last My Post Sandy Studio is on the Horizon >

Studio in Basement? At Last My Post Sandy Studio is on the Horizon

Studio in Basement? At Last My Post Sandy Studio is on the Horizon

Old 03-03-2014, 06:13 PM

Wow. You and others have been and are going through so much as the result of that one storm. I so hope things resolve well for all of you in your new homes. And soon. Tis has gone on for entirely too long. Krystyna, you've been through enough. If the DIL wants to be difficult , she and your son can find their own way. I know that sounds hard BUT it will only get worse living together if she thinks she can dictate. You deserve a wonderful new sewing area and although it sounds as though the basement will do, it also sounds as though the second floor is more adaptable fi your sewing. Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best in this new part of your life. Joyce in DE
Old 03-03-2014, 06:20 PM

nice to hear from you again, and sooo glad you are getting a house. my sewing room got moved to the basement in order for my things to stay in one place all the time. I love it. I get up and leave, and sweep up, before I start sewing the next time. no one gets to see my mess, but me. and I love it. lots of room. and yes, I run a humidifier off and on. if it is raining, then for sure, I turn it on. in the winter, not so much, because everything is frozen. Michigan.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:50 AM

Just wanted to wish you the best, Krystyna. Can't wait to hear all about your sewing adventures in your new home.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:19 AM

Location: I have lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada my entire life

I realize this is an older post, but I also have all my sewing and machine embroider stuff in the basement. We have limited space in the rest of the house. We have a dehumidifier running all the time. Our basement has a concrete floor with finished walls and is used more for storage/laundry than addition living space (like a rec room or finished basement). I like it, as it's close to a water supply for the iron and the upstairs room is a lot smaller. It's used for my office/craft room. I have not had any problems with moisture with anything. I do however make sure the pressure feet for the machine and serger are off the floor in case of water in the spring. We have a problem with water coming in if the ice and snow aren't shoveled away from the window in the spring. Hope it is working well for you!
Old 11-25-2015, 02:36 PM

Maybe son and his wife would rather have the basement? If you would rather use the rooms on the second floor. The basement may make things more private for all involved. Just food for thought.