Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-06-2015, 03:19 PM

brwn_eyedgirl, you ROCKED this Secret Santa!!!!! I could not figure out who you were, racked my brain!
Thanks Terri!
hugs,
dj
Old 12-06-2015, 03:21 PM

A BIG SHOUT TO MY SS DIDI: Holy wow wow I'm in heaven heaven......I received 12 fat quarters-(4 black and white, 4 neutral colors and 4 shimmering ones they are awesome), A Dresden book with Ruler, a Pattern book Pillow in a Quilt, a Snow Happens Table Runner Pattern, a Happy Birthday Cupcake pattern kit, a Cool Note Pad Book, a Homemade Hot Pad, and Bowl Pad for microwave, a Homemade Finger Pin Cushion, a Homemade Weighted Pin cushion and Scrap Bag, a Package of Quilter's No-Melt Pressing Bars, a Yo-Yo Maker (Sooooo Excited to finally try to make these), and a cool Lighted Seam Ripper, Also some hand needles and Gift Tags.....and last but not least a 11 oz package of Pumpkin Spice Coffee....Oh Happy Dance......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]537301[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SS gifts.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	1,015.7 KB
ID:	537301  
Old 12-06-2015, 03:30 PM

I want to thank my ss Srcapquilt!!! sent a wonderful package. Loved it all. Hope you can post a picture sadly I can not. Funny you had a visit in Nashua Nh.Loved my purple fabric,homemade gifts. Candle beautiful. Candy, soup mug, hot chocolate spoons. I have wanted to try that criss cross pattern thanks for the tool.That will be my next quilt I make. So many wonderful treats. You were a great s santa. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

My. Secret Santa was RoseIrish48 and she spoiled me and mine like no other! I got enough PB M&ms to last me until 2016. A rotating cutting mat (my most wanted item!!!) Seam ripper (need!) and marking pencils. Cross stitched tea towels and ornaments and a mug rug. Embroidery floss. There was a bag full of toys and lollys for my daughter (SEW thoughtful!) and a bag of treats and toys for the kitties... When I shook the box I wondered why it squeaked like a mouse, makes sense now! Here are some pics:

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	537303   Click image for larger version

Views:	215
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	537304  

Hi Dottie, glad you liked what I sent. I was racking my brain about the "yellow thingie". It's actually a fan!! It pops open into a circle. Those are very popular with quilters down here in the hot southwest!!! Give it a try, it can move a lot of air!!

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
Whew, my company finally went home so I could open my SS box! Miz Melly sent me the nicest box and card that had a bookmark in it, I can't figure out how she made it. A fat quarter gypsy pop up, a pair of red and white polka dot sock, my feet are always cold in the winter, an erasable quilting pencil, and a magnetic pincushion. A pot holder with a pocket for my hand, a bowl scraper and one of those crocheted net scrubbies which I love. Can't have enough of those and I really need all new potholders and bowl scrapers. I like the decorative on the potholder too! A very pretty blue cathedral window ornament, it's on my tree already, a bottle of Best Press, and a package of row marking safety pins, I know I will like those! A fabric thread catcher, Watercolor batik wraps from Hoffman in Reds, so pretty, and 4 batik fat quarters that are perfect for the The Week In October quilt I want to do and 1 yard of blue and a half of red fabric that are just my colors! And polka dot scissors and a retractable tape measure in pink! My favorite fun color! And last but not least, dark chocolate kisses filled the thread catcher. Yum yum yum! I am going to hide these from my husband so they last longer! Oh my Miz Melly, this was certainly a wonderful box full of surprises and most generous of you. Thank you so much! This was my first swap and I have enjoyed this very much and I love it all! Sue

PS And a yellow thingy that jumped out of its little pouch at me but I don't know what it is for. LOL
Old 12-06-2015, 03:32 PM

One more, the goodies for DD:

Views:	199
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	537305  
Old 12-06-2015, 03:43 PM

A very big thank you to my Secret Santa, Robin Pladson. (Robinlee?) You sent me so many wonderful gifts---A jelly roll in my favorite blues, a beautifully embroidered table topper that I plan on using tonight, a cardinal pattern (cardinals are very special to me !!), a Santa mug rug that I bet you made, 5 FQ, Christmas tree ornaments and lots of sewing supplies ! Everything is wonderful and I appreciate all of it. Thank you again for being so generous. I hope you have a Merry Christmas ! Pat sewnsew
Old 12-06-2015, 03:46 PM

Default tks Birdscraps

Birdscraps ~~ OMG what a lovely box of goodies, Thank you sooo very much. I love it all.
she wrapped each item, even the licorice. what fun to open, and be spoiled.

Name:	IMG_0430.jpgaa.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	537311  
Old 12-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=JuneBillie;7396219]Here are some pictures of all my Christmas goodies from a wonderful, and very generous Mariposa. Thank you so so much Mariposa (Rhonda). I will be busy using and enjoying all of these wonderful items. I love all of the 0nes you made for me too. She also sent some candy, which has been enjoyed. lol..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537277[/ATTACH]
so any things such as comfy warm socks (I seriously need these), gorgeous fabric, a hand crocheted doily with the big gathers to starch and then they stand up, a deck of quilty cards to play, a star with bell ornament, a long slender pincushion that goes next to the sewing machine so handily, lots of pretty laces (I really needed some), a pretty Christmasy round tin box that is filled inside with all kinds of quilting/sewing notions such as seam ripper, tape measure, and much more. I find this a very handy and pretty way of storing at my finger tips all of these useful everyday sewing tools. Lots of patterns to use. So many pretty ones to sew and crochet. A very pretty mug rug, small set of Sunbonnet Sues. I love those. A very pretty card with glittery penguins. A decorate your own mug that she also filled with old fashioned stick peppermint candy which melts in my mouth. Udderly smooth hand cream I needed so much. I have very dry skin and have already used some on my hands, and it feels so good. I have seen it in some drug stores, but had not tried any, but now I sure will. I also have a little bag with buttons and spools of thread. The main thing I wished for was a quarter inch ruler that the paper piecers use. I got one!!!!!!! I told her I am learning this, and wanted one to spend more time this coming new year to really get my paper piecing skills developed. I am ready with my new ruler to go now. I also received a grandmother's flower garden sampler card that I will be using. To go with that a little hexie kit. There is also a pattern for a wall hanging "Seasonal Memories", which I will at some point make for our family with photographs to put in the quilt pockets. Designed by Jean Boyd. She also sent me a beautiful post card that is of an oil painting, "A River Through The City," by Melville Holmes. I have a neon purple eraser to use when I have those little mistakes. I was also pleasantly surprised to find in my box a bottle of "Mary Ellen's Best Press" in a lavender scent, and an Elmer's Stick Glue Pen. I may have forgotten something, but be assured it will be used.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537278[/ATTACH] Such a beautiful drawstring bag for me to keep some things handy in to take with me, and a beautiful crocheted/knit piece.

This has been a wonder Secret Santa Swap, and my swap partner has been the greatest.

I also want to thank our hostess Teri.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!![/QUOTE

I am adding a few close ups
to better see some of the items.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537312[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537313[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537317[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537318[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537321[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537322[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537325[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537326[/ATTACH]

My first pictures were on the light side, so I wanted to show a clearer view of some. Thank you!

Name:	100_3210 (Small).JPG
Views:	185
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	537312   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3209 (Small).JPG
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	537313   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3208 (Small).JPG
Views:	179
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	537317   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3207 (Small).JPG
Views:	181
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	537318   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3206 (Small).JPG
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	537319  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3203 (Small).JPG
Views:	195
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	537320   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3202 (Small).JPG
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	537321   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3201 (Small).JPG
Views:	188
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	537322   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3200 (Small).JPG
Views:	184
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	537325   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3197 (Small).JPG
Views:	184
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	537326  

Old 12-06-2015, 04:06 PM

Thank you Secret Santa, whoever you are! (I know it was sent from NJ )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537323[/ATTACH]
Inside my package I found a great project book on Phenomenal Fat Quarter Quilts,
by M'Liss Rae Hawley, a Quilt Sense Wonder Triangles ruler set to make finished squares from 2.5 to 6 inches (8 sizes),

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537324[/ATTACH]

a jigsaw puzzle (I love puzzles and castles - excellent choice!),
Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark squares (delicious!)
a magnetic pick-up wand (I drop things often and bending down is rougher these days),
and some gorgeous fabric - I love the colors and designs!!

Thank you for a wonderful package that put a smile on my face!

Charlie'sDad,
Gene

Name:	image008.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	537323   Click image for larger version

Name:	image005.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	537324  

Last edited by Charlie'sDad; 12-06-2015 at 04:11 PM.