Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 PM

Bethy, I am so glad you have survived both accidents so well. All we can do is go on and do our best...and enjoy our family, friends and sewing as much as possible. God bless you.

Margie
Old 01-19-2010, 05:13 PM

Bethy,
I hope you are healing well and enjoying all the little things even more!

Me... I have had two cancer scares. Found a lump in my neck on my 40th birthday. Had thyroid cancer, which I have survived. And another scare the beginning of November, when the doctor found a large growth on my ovary. By the grace of God, that turned out to be benign. So I am proud to say that I turned 51 on the day of my visit to the hospital, and I am looking forward to many more years, God willing. I have so many projects to finish!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 AM

My avatar was taken several years ago, but I couldn't find anything lately that didn't make me look like an old angry bedraggled witch. Well, maybe not that bad, but close. Healing well, just can't walk well. I get tired easy because of all the heavy meds because they can't do anything really to keep the pain at bay unless I'm on the meds. so I can look both ways. Hate the meds but then again love to be able to quilt and keep my mind.:) well, what ever is left at this age. I'm just joking. My humor is possibly dry and seems sarcastic, but I'm really fun loving. Back to quilting. I'm really working hard on this one baby memory quilt before it causes me to age any more. I promised myself that I will give gifts but never ever do a quilt that some one asks me to do, especially if they don't know what they want exactly and I'm afraid to say no. I don't know where this all came from, but I'm sure windy these days. Old age? Have wonderful day and Bless you for wishing me well. LOL Beth
Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 AM

Not me! I'm 50 and very happy to have made it! Bad family history for not making it past 49....so 50 is a blessing in my book!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 AM
pal

Cherrybsixty, you sound like a really giving person.

Belated "Happy Birthday!" wishes!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:49 AM

Not intending to worry anybody; but one shouldn't give their birthdays or ages on here or any other public forum.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
No. I'm 54 55 in May... Cinco deMayo ! yep that's my bd :D
We share a birthday! I'll be 59 in May. Does it bother you that people remember it's Cinco de Mayo but not your birthday? I ignore it now but it used to really bug me!

As for age, my grandmother was the youngest person I ever knew, just because of her attitude towards life. Work hard, have fun when you can, and keep on breathing.

A couple of years ago, after several years apart, some friends from college came for a visit. First thing they said to me when I answered the door was "OMG, you don't have any wrinkles!" They were SO amazed. Of course, I'm a bit on the fluffy side so wrinkles get ironed out :-) but I also inherited my mother's skin who's people, ages back, came from England.

Reminding them that, because I'm so fair skinned candlelight can give me a tan, I've never been a sun worshiper. Unlike them who love tanning salons and baking on a beach. I may have had a boring life, in some respects, and people have laughed at my sun hats and SPF 50+ over the years, but I'm fairly wrinkle free now.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 PM

Hmmmm.... lately I've been feeling more "old" and would rather not people know (not you). I'm now 48 and beginning to show it. But I have a 5 yo. I'm sooooo afraid that someone will think he's my grandson..... I always looked younger than my age, but I think it's catching up with me. It's also frustrating that since we had ds, I've desperately wanted another - but at this age, my body is not into cooperating.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Hmmmm.... lately I've been feeling more "old" and would rather not people know (not you). I'm now 48 and beginning to show it. But I have a 5 yo. I'm sooooo afraid that someone will think he's my grandson..... I always looked younger than my age, but I think it's catching up with me. It's also frustrating that since we had ds, I've desperately wanted another - but at this age, my body is not into cooperating.
48 is so not old!!! You are as young as you want to be!!! Maybe lacking in sleep cause your running after a 5 year old but not old...
Old 01-20-2010, 04:03 PM

Elmwood Park - not in IL?! I grew up there!