Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Dream Poly Batting? >
  • Quilter's Dream Poly Batting?

• Quilter's Dream Poly Batting?

Old 12-17-2015, 07:48 PM

Default Quilter's Dream Poly Batting?

The only batting I have ever used is Hobbs 80/20. What is your opinion of Quilters Dream Poly? Is it warm? Anything you can tell me is appreciated.
    Old 12-17-2015, 08:08 PM

I sent the Quilters Dream Blend to the Longarmer with my quilt but I haven't got it back yet.
    Old 12-17-2015, 09:35 PM

I like Quilter's Dream poly. I especially like it for large quilts because it is light in weight, not near as heavy as Warm & Natural. It is pretty warm.
    Old 12-17-2015, 11:06 PM
    Power Poster

I love all of the Dream Battings, including the Dream Poly which I purchase by the 30 yard bolt. It is a nice batting to work with, soft, lightweight, holds up nicely especially in ( utility/ kids) quilts that will be used, abused and laundered alot.
    Old 12-18-2015, 05:22 AM
    Power Poster

I am a dedicated user of Hobbs 80/20. I have only tried the Quilter's Dream cotton which is more expensive but quilts so beautifully.
    Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 AM
    Power Poster

Quilters dream poly is unlike any other poly I have used, in a good way. In appearance it is much more like Hobbs 80/20. It is a lower loft and dense for a poly. Unlike, say, hobbs Polydown with is loftier and not dense at all. As far as weight, it is lighter than W&N but I really didn't notice much difference between it and 80/20. I suspect it is probably a wee bit lighter as that is simply the nature of the two fibers. The one time I used it I hand quilted it. As far as needling, it handled very much like 80/20 where as Hobbs polydown is much easier to needle in hand quilting. I did get a tiny bit of bearding but I attributed that to the beeswax I had put on my quilting thread. I don't think it would have migrated otherwise and it only did it as I was pulling a needleful of stitches through and only sporadically. I gifted the quilt to my brother who has a place in the Sierras. He has told me it is plenty warm.
    I have never had a bad experience with any QD product so I would encourage you to give it a try.
    Old 12-18-2015, 06:56 AM

I use Hobbs 80/20 and the Quilter Dream Battings. My preference is the Quilter's Dream although it is more expensive.
    Old 12-19-2015, 05:15 AM

I've tried Quilter's Dream Puff (it is polyester) and I loved it. I've bought a couple packages and if I continue to like it, I may purchase a roll! It makes for a nice quilting definition. I use W & N, Hobbs 80/20 and wool battings.
    Old 12-19-2015, 05:58 AM

The only batting I use is Dream poly the select weight (medium). I love it! It is light weight, drapes well, easy to sew with and on and on. It is very warm when it is cold and yet just enough when it is cool and you want something other than your sheet. Don't understand that part, but that's how it is. My longarm gal loves working with it. The Twin and under quilts that I do on my 6600 are so easy to work with. I do a lot of kids quilts that get lots of wear and tear and they have held up well. Go to the Dream site and read their information. I highly recommend it.
    Old 12-19-2015, 09:21 AM

I only use QD Poly. It quilts like butter and give a nice loft. I also use all QD batting, the wool is wonderful.