Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-12-2016, 02:40 AM

fraew you are amazing. Great job on the swoon and all by yourself too.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:41 AM

TOWA isn't an acronim, it's the company name. Towa makes lots of products. Here is the tension gauge, you can get it for a few different bobbin sizes.

http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/...FQ8zaQodZxwJWg

I've considered getting one, but after I updated the tension on the long arm, I'm not having near the problems. However I'd love to hear how it's working.

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-12-2016 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:58 AM

You gals/guys are the best. Thank you for the support and encouragement.

@oksewglad: I swapped 1.5" squares on the board forever! Finally put them to use.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
You gals/guys are the best. Thank you for the support and encouragement.

@oksewglad: I swapped 1.5" squares on the board forever! Finally put them to use.
Oh no you just reminded me of the charm 9 patch I have languishing from those swaps...bet I have some of yours....
Old 01-12-2016, 06:39 AM

I love all the quilts shown and am so encouraged by them. I hurt my back so can't drag all my ufo's out. I will try to list them by memory. I'll start with 4 row by row quilts. These were made by swaps that I joined when aol had it's quilting board up and running. Also from that era was a swap that I hosted. All the blocks are there, just have to get them together. 2 applique quilts, a king size strip or string quilt, all blocks finished, just have to qayg to finish it up. A quilt of valor that I made for my DH who is a Vietnam veteran. 4 table toppers and table runners, a swoon quilt, tote bag or bags, can't remember. That is 15 listed and I know there are more that I will find when I am able to. I also have a box of finished blocks, at least two quilts there and several table runners. I *think* there is enough fabric on hand to finish anything I will finish.
To help, my DH told me that I just have to finish the tops and I can send them out to be quilted. I am going to do that for the quilts and throws, the rest I will do myself.
I forgot to mention an ongoing project that will someday morph into *something*. I make 1" hexagons. I've been sewing them together as flowers. There is three different kinds, one is with 30's fabric, another with regular fabric and the other is with Christmas fabric. I work with any one that strikes my fancy.
I hope I didn't bore you to tears, I didn't mean to make this so long!
Have a nice day everyone and keep warm!
Old 01-12-2016, 06:54 AM

Hi guys and gals, first time back in a long time.!!I need to put the binding on 2.I have not been quilting since as some of you will remember that some one stole all my quilts several years ago. It broke my quilting heart and just cant get back to it, I now do mostly hand work. knitting,crochet, counted cross stitch. I still do hand applique blocks for quilts.All the posted pics are so nice. I enjoyed looking. Jo
Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540015[/ATTACH]Finished this lap/baby quilt. All but binding anyway. I don't have a good color for binding so I'm bringing it to quilt guild next week and off my list. I might be able to find a good color Thursday when I go to machine classes, but I'm also in the fabric moratorium group. I can buy fabric to finish a quilt. Just depends on what I find. I finished a top that I started over two years ago. It is my get back into quilting project after not sewing for quite a while. Hopefully today I will get it sandwiched and start some straight line quilting! So excited to be getting these quilts to the finish line.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	540015  
Old 01-12-2016, 08:35 AM

Fraew, what a beautiful Mini Rainbow Swoon and made with 1 1/2" blocks at that. I have only done a couple projects with blocks that small and have struggled with each one of them. Any tips for working with those small blocks? Congradulations of a beautiful finish. Your quilting also looks very nice.

Jolo, I remember when your quilts were stolen. Hopefully the quilting spark is returning and you will find the passion once again.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:55 PM

Ditto Anoka about your quilts Jolo and hope you come back to quilting and loving it again.

The Queen Bee members helped me get back on track with the star flower charity quilt. So it is all laid out in the craft room ready for the next step. Great group of ladies in our community quilt group.

I hope to have the star flower pieced by February 9th so I can pass it on to a long arm quilter. So that is the deadline.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:57 PM

allspots, congrats on your finish. That is a very lovely basket quilt.