Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February I Spy Swap is OPEN (until Feb. 15) >

February I Spy Swap is OPEN (until Feb. 15)

February I Spy Swap is OPEN (until Feb. 15)

Old 01-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Default February I Spy Swap is OPEN (until Feb. 15)

Hello Swappers,

Please read this entire post carefully before you sign up for the swap!

February I Spy Swap:
Signups are open until Feb 15
Swaps need to be in my hands by Feb 30

Who's up for swapping I Spy squares again? It's time!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take your time cutting and be sure you have correct 5" squares. I will not be taking any squares out of their bags, to check the cuts. In one of our swaps I unfortunately had to return bundles of squares that were cut too small or not fussy cut, and I spent hours trimming ones that were cut too big. This time, your name will be on every one of your bags and if your squares are found to be cut wrong, you will be expected to send replacements to whoever received the bad ones, in order to stay in good standing as an I Spy swapper. Nobody wants to deal with that hassle and extra expense, so please take the time to cut well and check your squares before you put them in those bags. Lets have all good squares this time.

Please pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the new cutting and packaging method.

CUTTING/PACKAGING METHOD:
We will be sending 10 DIFFERENT fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 10 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name and state on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "Sewbizgirl, Mississippi" for mine...

You may swap either 8 bags or 16 bags. You will get 8- 5" squares in one width of fabric, PROVIDING your print does not require fussy cutting. If it does, you will get less cuts out your yardage. PLEASE FUSSY CUT if your print requires it. Send the kind of nice squares you hope to receive. Choose to make and swap either 8 or 16 bags. Anything less than 8 is not cost-effective for you (shipping) and is not time-effective for me. So either 8 or 16, please.

THE USUAL 'STUFF':
1. Send what you would like to receive, quality-wise. Send only 100% cotton quilting fabric. Please do not send thin or loosely woven fabrics. If it has to be starched to be acceptable, it's probably not a good fabric for this swap.

2. Try and find new prints you have not sent before or seen in the swap, if at all possible. We all like new stuff! Please select prints that would be acceptable in a child's quilt. No flowers, lines, stars, geometrics. We need recognizable objects.

3. THEN, pm me (Sewbizgirl) and tell me you want to join and how many bags you intend to swap. I need your real name and address. I will respond to you with my mailing address for you to mail your swaps to me.

4. Put all your swap baggies in one big ziplock with your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment, your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Speaking of "torn open"... those paper flat rate envelopes are the pits. They tear so easily, especially with lumpy contents in them. Do yourself a favor and use something better-- like the Tyvek envelopes or padded flat rate envelopes. You have to order the latter from the post office online, in packages of 10, but they are free. If you do it NOW, you will have your envelopes in time to mail.

5. Postage: I will print and mail your postage online and ship in the padded flat rate envelope. There is no need to send a return address label. The price of shipping has just taken a big jump. It now costs $6.80 for the padded flat rate envelope. If anyone is nervous about sending cash in the mail, mention that in your pm to me and I will give you my Paypal addy to pay me with, instead.

Remember to send in what you would like to receive back.
Let’s have tons of fun, and of course you have to follow all the basic QB swap rules, found here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

TO SIGN UP, send me a pm with your name, address, and how many sets you want to swap (8 or 16). Then get cutting!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:54 PM

Am I the first to sign up? Count me in for 8 sets.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kele View Post
Am I the first to sign up? Count me in for 8 sets.
Yes ma'am... but don't forget to send me a pm with your address.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:57 PM

Sign me up for 16, please. Sending PM now.
dj
Old 01-20-2016, 07:58 PM

Question: If I do 16 baggies can I use the same 10 fabrics in each bag or are we to use different fabrics in the second set of 8 baggies?
Old 01-20-2016, 08:08 PM

Sewbiz...I'm in but there is not a February 30th

Also do you need to decide right now on 8 or 16 or can we wait until it gets closer to the due date???
Old 01-21-2016, 05:27 AM

Sent in my PM- I am so excited-I have missed this swap!
Old 01-21-2016, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
Question: If I do 16 baggies can I use the same 10 fabrics in each bag or are we to use different fabrics in the second set of 8 baggies?
You can have the same ten fabrics in all 16 bags. I'm gambling that we will have at least 16 players...
Old 01-21-2016, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Sewbiz...I'm in but there is not a February 30th

Also do you need to decide right now on 8 or 16 or can we wait until it gets closer to the due date???
Ha ha... you are right! Feb 28th, please!

You can sign up for 8 and change it to 16 later if you want. I'd go for the max, since it's the same cost for postage, either way.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Oh, and Owlvamp will be back in charge by the next swap! Yay... we have missed her.