Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Easy Binding Winder >

Easy Binding Winder

Easy Binding Winder

Old 01-19-2016, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

I have one and use it. It's handy. I could make do without it but I don't have to.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:47 AM

This looks like exactly the kind of gadget I would buy, except that I don't iron my binding in half before applying it (I prefer to just fold as I go so that I don't have a crease pressed in). It looks too narrow to hold an unfolded binding, so I guess it's not for me.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:41 PM

My husband gave me one for my birthday. Love it! Alwys had a problem of the binding twisting when I rolled it on a tp roll. No problems now. Also it unrolls easy without falling over when I sew binding to quilt. The best part, it was under 20 and my husband gave me another 100 to go with it. Was able to buy a floor model LED light!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:36 AM

I use the toilet paper roll method. Works fine!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by TheGadgetMan View Post
That's the reason we created the Easy Binding Winder, so you don't have to fuss with the twisting. Instead you wind it onto the spool as you press your binding. Also, many of our customers have commented how they don't have to bother pinning it down anymore because it feeds right onto their quilt so easily.
Hmmmmm.........
Old 01-20-2016, 07:29 AM

How wide is that spool?..additional spools available?
If that spool is wide enough I could see it being used to abut/attach other things besides binding.......laces, sequin strips, elastic, etc......
Old 01-20-2016, 09:10 AM

I installed a TP holder onto the rafter in the ceiling. My sewing room is in the basement so open rafters above. I used to roll my bindings onto an empty TP cardboard and onto the TP holder but it would unroll all by itself. Then I found if I squished the cardboard it would keep it from unrolling. I also rolled some onto the flat 4 x 6 separator cardboard found in the cartons of canned cat food, then take the cardboard out and just put the rolled binding onto the TP holder. That seems to work the best till I get down to the end when it starts to knot up on me. But either way its off the floor and I'm not apt to trip over it.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:25 AM

I put the tp holder in a small cardboard box between my feet. Off the floor and it can't roll around willy-nilly. This is my favorite way. Have tried others but this is the winner in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:14 PM

I used to roll on TP roll till I got my binding winder. So much faster to wind on plastic roll. I don't even press in half, just fold and wind up. I make my binding before I do the quilting, so as soon as it comes off the frame I can trim and pin the binding on the edges. I adjust for seams hitting at corners and proceed to sew on the quilt.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
How wide is that spool?..additional spools available?
If that spool is wide enough I could see it being used to abut/attach other things besides binding.......laces, sequin strips, elastic, etc......
Yes, you can purchase extra spools. I have ten yards of binding on one. My binding is 2.5" before folding it in half. The spool is probably 2" .

sandy