Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fiskars - Wins! >

Fiskars - Wins!

Fiskars - Wins!

Old 02-08-2016, 03:58 AM

You will not need a receipt to receive a new rotary cutter. I had an issue with my rotary cutter snapping closed when using it. They replaced that without issue tho I had to send a picture of the faulty one so they would know which one to send me. Also had issue with a pair or spring loaded scissors and they sent me new springs. Great company with awesome customer service! I will continue to buy Fiskars.

Sandy
Old 02-08-2016, 04:23 AM

I've had the spring break or wear out in the Fiskars before. I contacted them and they sent me a pkg of springs for free. They have wonderful customer service.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:49 AM

I am still using the first pair Fiskars I purchased in the 70's. They have never been sharpened and still cut great. They say they were made in Finland. I have purchased other scissors, but always reach for my Fiskars.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:33 AM

When I taught kindergarten, if parent's asked what kind of scissors to buy I told them to buy Fiskars. I kept extra pairs for kids who did not have them and were having trouble cutting. They cut anything- human hair, shoe laces, shirts, shorts, guinea pig hair......... Great product
Old 02-08-2016, 06:42 AM

Nice to know that there is a company that stand behind their products. Kudos to Fiskars!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Try them. According to everyone else you have to take a photo. Call them and speak with them. I have Fiskars rotary cutters and blades and cutting mat for over 10 years and no problems. I just clean up after I'm done.
Originally Posted by Littledreamdevil View Post
I have a Fiskars rotary cutter, but I have no receipt. I have misplaced it. Do you think Fiskars will still replace my broken rotary cutter?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=Jan in VA;7458360]Hmmmm, wonder if they'd replace the orange line rulers that I have, on which the lines are wearing off. I prefer this ruler - though I don't care for the Fiskars cutting mats and rotary cutters/blades - the lines on the ruler are very thin and that helps ME make very accurate cuts. (Mary Ellen Hopkins used to call it "cutting heavy or cutting light" depending which side of the line on your ruler you used to cut.)

I have one of those, too! I wanted to replace my 6 x 12" one but apparently they don't make it any more. Love that ruler but it definitely does show how greatly loved it is/was.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:32 AM

My Fiskars rotary cutter broke also. The button the hides the blade broke. I had no receipt or packaging. I called. They asked for picture or description and they sent me a brand new rotary cutter. I had a spring break in my scissors and they mailed me 2 new springs when I called. They offered to send my new scissors, but I didn't want to part with my old ones, so they just mailed the springs.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:57 PM

Good to know, I just recently replaced my Fiskars 45 mm ergonomic cutter because after 23 years they would not stay open in cutting position. Of course I bought the same thing again. 23 years with the same tool is nothing to sneeze at.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:53 PM

probably so, I had a pair of Fiskar snippers that were more than 10 years old, the spring had been lost years ago, no receipt of course and they had been tossed in the bottom of my sewing cabinet. when I bought a Fiskar product and saw their lifetime guarantee, I called them and they sent 3 new springs immediately. Good customer service, I'm sure they won't replace blades but should if it is broken.