Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine? >

Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine?

Magnetic Hoops Used for Quilting on Embroidery Machine?

Old 02-15-2016, 03:22 PM

Default Janome 11000SE

Originally Posted by grma33 View Post
i have the janome 11000 and the magnetic hoop works great. was told this is the one to use for quilting.going to look for the new purple tip needles that are suppose to be better
Gale
I have the Janome 11000 SE and when I try to put a quilt in one of the hoops, it just pops off. I'm so frustrated that I don't even do it any more. This machine has the magnetic clips for each side, but I have no luck with them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I checked out Nancy's Notions, but do not see a Monster Hoop available for I.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-15-2016, 05:47 PM

Do they work well when you are embroidering on thin fabrics like cotton or a shirt?
Old 02-15-2016, 07:55 PM

I bought the magnetic hoop Husqvarna Viking sells for their machines and have been happy quilting with it. I have a Designer Diamond I bought on July 5, 2008.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:42 PM

Here is my experience and I hope it helps. I have used the older Magna Hoop on my Babylock Eseante. It was fine, but it does use up hoop space and not nearly as strong as I wanted. I bought the Magna Hoop- Hoop Monster for my Babylock Ellissimo Gold. All kinds of I love it.... I even purchased a second one in a different size. It holds so well and so easy to adjust the item to get it hooped straight. I have also used this on a Pfaff Creative Sensation Pro. It was wonderful. I use them for all my embroidery, not just quilts. Yes, I have quilted a few projects using my embroidery machine. Pretty slick. Might I suggest using the product Print and Stick. It is also made by DIME. (Same as the Hoops). What ever design you choose as your quilt design. Print it out on the Print and Stick. You will reuse it over and over on your quilt. This way, after you have sewn out the design once (now you know where your working from) you will peal the design off the paper it comes on, place it next to the design you have already sewn (If your design connects like a continuous design, perfect way to line it up). It will stick to the fabric without leaving any sticky residue behind. Put your hoop back on your machine, now line up your needle with the cross hairs printed on the design (center your needle). Remove the Print and Stick template and push start on your machine. Repeat until finished. I used with success, the same template, on flannel 66 times. Mine was edge to edge quilting. If your doing blocks...even easier. YouTube probably has a video. I know there is one on there demoing the Quilt E. They used these products. Best of luck.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:59 PM

I have three sizes of metal magnetic hoops that Viking makes for my prior Diamond Royale and now the Epic. I have not had any change in the machine's performance or functionality after using any of them. Also, I prefer regular stabilizer as opposed to sticky back and use the outline tack down.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:18 PM

Ileane Roche, I'm sure I missed spelled her name created some for all machines from what Nancy Zieman says. I have magnetic ones for my Viking and love it.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:36 PM

My dealer did a demo on a magnetic hoop last week at Pfaff club. She says the magnet doesn't hurt a thing. I asked the same question. I have always been told to keep magnets away from computers, too/
Old 11-15-2016, 09:26 AM

The magnets in those hoops are not strong enough to harm your machine. They work great.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:34 AM

I am the second one here to ask if this hoops goes well with the Janome 350?????
Old 01-07-2021, 04:30 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by lfletcher View Post
I have been told not to use magnets around computerized machines. I'm not sure if this is true, but thought I would pass it on just in case. (It does kind of make sense that it would mess with the computer.)
Not true the dealer must not sell them