Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you used "Essential Cotton" thread on a longarm? >

Have you used "Essential Cotton" thread on a longarm?

Have you used "Essential Cotton" thread on a longarm?

Old 02-16-2016, 06:12 PM

I use it on my Sweet Sixteen. I've also used the Essential polyester. Just wish they had more colors for the cones. I've also used Threadart which is reasonably priced but they have an even more limited color selection.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:42 AM

I use Connecting Threads thread on my DreamWeaver and my HQ Sweet Sixteen. It is a bit lintier, like others have said, but if you are diligent about cleaning, that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:54 AM

I use it all the time on my Handiquilter
Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 AM

That's all I use.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:52 AM

Loved reading all the good reviews. I use the Essential Pro, which is the poly longarm thread, all the time as don't like the lint of cotton. It makes a great piecing thread, I keep lots of bobbins filled with silver, neutral or dark gray to do all my piecing, it is thin and strong. Since so many of you like the cotton cones, I will be trying those. My Innova will adapt to most threads. CT gives very good service in my experience.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 AM

As all my quilts are gifts to others I have to save somewhere so I try to find the best deals on fabrics, threads, etc. I use Connecting Threads Essential pretty much all the time. I have their polyester threads too. Their Essential cotton is very linty but since I clean out my bobbin quite often anyway its not a problem for me. I have had a spool or two that were not so great recently since they changed their spool shape but for the most part I will continue to use their threads. I like the fact they have a nice collection of colors to choose from..A con to that is they continue to discontinue some colors only to come back with the exact same color using a different name. The only way to know they're the same is the number system they use. I've caught a couple of their colors, different names, same numbering system so I know to put them together on the thread rack. I made up an Excel thread chart to keep track of how many of each color I have and referencing the matching color/numbers so when I go to order I can just check my chart and see what I need to order. Same with their fabric collections, made a chart so I know how many yards I have of each color in that particular collection.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:22 PM

I always use this thread on my longarm and it stitches out beautifully.Definitely get more bang for the buck!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:13 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your reviews of Essential Cotton thread. I am going to try Essential Cotton with my longarm, and when I save lots of money on future thread purchases, I will be thinking good thoughts of y'all.

Last edited by MomtoBostonTerriers; 02-17-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:47 AM

Default Essentials

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
I use it all the time. It is very good. It does mean a little more lint in the bobbin case, but that's easy, I just clean the area with every bobbin change.
yes - I agree, a bit more lint to deal with. Jukie 2200 LA takes most any thread when tensioned correctly.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:29 AM

I've used in to sew and my Viking emb machine. No problems