Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

A dynamic looking quilt...the shadow borders are great...
Old 02-19-2016, 02:05 PM

The black and white top is done and on it's way to the quilter. Yeah, I may get it back for binding but that isn't to hard. So I pulled out the Christmas Wreath Lighted UFO and sandwiched it. I think this may be a fast one but then I've been fooled before.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:28 PM

Oh happy day! I can finally say that I have finished my first UFO of 2016. Still needs my sig and date on it but my pigma pen will be here tomorrow and I will do it then. I know it is only a panel but was given to me, along with backing by a friend who no longer wanted it. I sandwiched it, hand-quilted it and then machine bound it, figuring it will be washed a lot. Then it will go in a box waiting for any future babies that happen along in our family. It has been in my ufo box for at least 4 years but hurray! No Longer!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 0219 (Large).JPG
Views:	154
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	543056  
Old 02-19-2016, 04:20 PM

Fabulous Sandy! It always feels good to get these done. Sometimes the panels are hardest because we just don't sit down and do them. Nice finish, it is cute.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:57 PM

Retiredteacher, I'm so glad you shared this here. It's beautiful! The Dresden blades look perfect and the colors work so well together. Please post another pic when the quilting and binding is done. Your son and future DIL will be thrilled.
Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
This is NOT a UFO but it is the reason I haven't been working on any of them.

The fabric for the Dresden blades and parallelograms are from my MIL's stash as is the grey/blue dot. This is for my son and future DIL. It amazingly is quite even as far as measurements go (86 X 92) and flat but it is just hanging on the design board funny. The light blues are the same too but we have a cloudy and rainy day in MN today so the colors are uneven looking.

I will appliqué some of my MIL's blocks on the sheet backing along with a small Dresden plate that I made originally. Then off to the hand quilter's. I hope I get it back at least a week before the May 20th wedding so I can bind it.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543038[/ATTACH]

It is much brighter in person.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:03 PM

Sandy, a big Toot toot for you! And there's no "only a panel" as its a darling finish! Some baby will be lucky to receive it. Congratulations on your first finish of the year!!
Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
Oh happy day! I can finally say that I have finished my first UFO of 2016. Still needs my sig and date on it but my pigma pen will be here tomorrow and I will do it then. I know it is only a panel but was given to me, along with backing by a friend who no longer wanted it. I sandwiched it, hand-quilted it and then machine bound it, figuring it will be washed a lot. Then it will go in a box waiting for any future babies that happen along in our family. It has been in my ufo box for at least 4 years but hurray! No Longer!
Old 02-19-2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Sandy, a big Toot toot for you! And there's no "only a panel" as its a darling finish! Some baby will be lucky to receive it. Congratulations on your first finish of the year!!
Toot toot! Another one bites the dust. Bravo.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:41 PM

L teacher - I love your quilt, my great grandsons would have a great time with it. Retired teacher09 - What a beauty, love Dresden plates. It is so elegant looking, a lovely gift. Sandy, never say just a panel, you spent time hand quilting it. In my family that's something special because it was made for someone by Grandma.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:59 PM

retiredteacher09, that's a fascinating quilt. I just love the background fabric.

SandyinZ4, what a darling panel, and the quilting looks beautiful!
Old 02-20-2016, 11:40 AM

Sandy's is 95. Who will have number 100?