Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts are in your Pity Party stash? >

How many quilts are in your Pity Party stash?

How many quilts are in your Pity Party stash?

Old 02-20-2016, 07:45 AM

LOL- Folks seem to think I don't have any- so they give me theirs- and sweetly say- perhaps you would finish them and give to charity.
I try my best to get them done- sometimes by adding to it or reducing the size. Whatever works!

It is my service to the Lord who has given me the ability to sew and quilt.

Evelyn in NJ
Old 02-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

Never heard that term before either. I guess I have 3. One is the lone star that I thought wasn't too difficult to do as my 3rd ever quilt. HA! Was I ever over-confident. That one WILL get finished if only to keep me humble.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

SAme here!!
Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​If I make a boo boo, I immediately fix it even if I would rather stash it away. I know it will become a UFO if I leave it.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:36 AM

I started fixing things like that right away too. When my girls were little I would put mending and things aside until I had the time or interest in doing it, and too often they had out grown what ever it was or no longer were interested in it. So learned time is of the essence in such items.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Had not heard that term either. I do try to fix things right away, so that I still have the fabrics needed. I don't want to add it to my ufo's....
Old 02-20-2016, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

ii have one I just started to think about. In 1994, I started a quilt for Christmas for my son. it was all hand applique. Fast forward to 2009, I found the all irregular sized blocks and it needed a few more. so this time, not being patient, I made some machine blocks, all different sizes again. from 3 x 4 to as big as 18 x 12. Then got tired of it again. I need to find all those pieces and put it together, and soon, before it's 25 yrs of sitting.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:30 PM

I have 2 that I can think of. One was a mystery that just did not turn out with the fabrics I used. I have to just take it apart and use tha fabrics for something else -- one day???
Old 02-20-2016, 06:55 PM

Now, we're not talking those projects that are perfectly ok, but just got shuffled into the back of the line (and maybe keep getting shuffled) of things you're working on,right? We're talking those projects that have major OOPS! that will require lots of deconstruction and then some creative solutions, right? In that case, I have a Storm at Sea for my daughter that I started about year ago and realized it was NOT going to work the way I thought. I've done the deconstruction (of all blocks), started the re-cuts needed, cut the additional pieces needed, and then had a whole bunch of customer quilts and several projects for my Guild to do. This is "on deck" to get back to in early May. I have a 4 day retreat end of April but probably won't take it cause I know I'll need to be really thinking about re-piecing it and sometimes the comraderie of a retreat makes my brain not so sharp.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:21 PM

One that needs to be fixed before I can finish piecing it. The final row was sewn the wrong way and I just put it aside...but the ufo's, oh the ufo's, it's embarrassing
Old 02-21-2016, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​If I make a boo boo, I immediately fix it even if I would rather stash it away. I know it will become a UFO if I leave it.
I also repair as I go or it will never get finished. Good intentions never got anything done in my house.