Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 02-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Power Poster

I washed, ironed and cut 16 white fat 8s for the white, grey and orange blocks.

I finally decided what to do for the other swap. I am washing a 2 yard piece of solid very dark blue, almost black. I hope you will be able to add lots of happy tone on tone or solid brights, Amish feel, to this dark fabric. Please no pink, white and other black. Kind of this feel. The picture is of a quilt I made with swap blocks several years ago. If you have any of this dark black/blue fabric left could you be so kind to send it back along with your block since I am very limited in how much I have? This way I could hopefully make a couple more blocks. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4560 (Custom).JPG
Views:	159
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	543150  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-20-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:53 AM

Beautiful quilt. I started cutting yesterday also, only got 6 pieces of my floral print, but put a little strip of it in other bags so you can see what colors are in it.
I'm looking for either star blocks or log cabin blocks.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:36 AM

Be sure to include your color requests in each bag of fabric and mention you'd like the leftovers returned.
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post

I finally decided what to do for the other swap. I am washing a 2 yard piece of solid very dark blue, almost black. I hope you will be able to add lots of happy tone on tone or solid brights, Amish feel, to this dark fabric. Please no pink, white and other black. Kind of this feel. The picture is of a quilt I made with swap blocks several years ago. If you have any of this dark black/blue fabric left could you be so kind to send it back along with your block since I am very limited in how much I have? This way I could hopefully make a couple more blocks. Thank you!
Old 02-21-2016, 05:57 AM

Default Reminders

Just a reminder that I will close sign-ups on 2/29. The 3 month group is approaching capacity at 16 members. I will take four more there. The two month group stands at 9. If we don't get many more sign-ups, there are options available including doubling up and making two blocks each, having just a few swappers double up, or keeping the group small. All have been done. It's still a bit early so let's see what the next few days bring.

Also, please understand that anyone with a track record of lateness or poor performance in swaps may not be accepted into this group. We all work very hard at getting our blocks made and delivered on time so I won't knowingly bring in a person who has repeatedly disregarded swap rules as concerns delivery times. Due to our shipping method, one person has the ability to hold up the entire group. It's simply not fair to the group.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post

Anna this is beautiful I love the colors and your layout I may have to borrow this design some day. It really showcases all of your blocks nicely.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:38 AM

All rightee. While thunderstorms begin to roll through the south, I'm getting my ducks in a row for Boom 16. In this case, the ducks are your fabric photos. I believe I've got all of those that were posted as "definite" choices in the gallery. (Boomerangswaps.weebly.com) Please go take a look and see if I've put yours in with the correct name attached. If you have other fabrics you plan to use and want me to add them, post them here and I'll grab them. (Remember to keep your photos to 200 kb or smaller so these pages don't bog down. Sometimes we get a bit picture heavy.) If you aren't ready yet with pix, no worries, it's still early. Sign-ups haven't even ended yet. Just trying to stay ahead.

One week from today, sign-ups close and the fun will start..Thank you to everyone who has joined the group. (I'm still trying to decide myself but it keeps getting harder and harder not to grab that 10th spot in the 2 month group. :/ ) Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:50 AM

I hope I'm not to late to sign up for this boom. I have sent the e-mail.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

I just ran out to the store and bought some Kona Black (Kaufman) to use for one of my swaps instead of the really dark blue/black. Same plan and scheme.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
All rightee. While thunderstorms begin to roll through the south, I'm getting my ducks in a row for Boom 16. In this case, the ducks are your fabric photos. I believe I've got all of those that were posted as "definite" choices in the gallery. (Boomerangswaps.weebly.com) Please go take a look and see if I've put yours in with the correct name attached. If you have other fabrics you plan to use and want me to add them, post them here and I'll grab them. (Remember to keep your photos to 200 kb or smaller so these pages don't bog down. Sometimes we get a bit picture heavy.) If you aren't ready yet with pix, no worries, it's still early. Sign-ups haven't even ended yet. Just trying to stay ahead.

One week from today, sign-ups close and the fun will start..Thank you to everyone who has joined the group. (I'm still trying to decide myself but it keeps getting harder and harder not to grab that 10th spot in the 2 month group. :/ ) Have a wonderful day!
Yes! Please come and join us.

OK I will try and take some pictures today of the fabric I am using.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:51 PM

Janice I will try and get downstairs a bit later and take a picture of fabric for second swap. I was naughty and sewed without my boot today. Paying the price now. Anyone else working on the Splendid Sampler. Block 3 was a very humbling expierence. 42 pieces in a 6.5" block. Glad I have some hair left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	543295