Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with Embroidery machine project >

Need help with Embroidery machine project

Need help with Embroidery machine project

Old 02-20-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Casi View Post
Thanks for all the help. I was able to download the book I needed. I am just going to have to do a trial and error thing. I like the idea of changing the names so I will have a clue!
Make sure you do a save as so that you don't change the orginal name. Most companies will allow you do download the files more than once if you need to but you need to know the orginal name. Especially if the design has been archived. I keep a folder for the orginal and then rename them to what makes since. I have a program that is made by Floriani called Image Maker that is great for showing you the pic of each design. It works great. I'm going to sell my copy only because I got a free copy when I bought my Floriani Total Control software. PM me if you are interested in it. Check it out on rnkdistributing.com under floriani and you see if its something that might help. I sees all designs which is great, most of mine are Viking.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:04 PM

Hi Casi, I know exactly what you are going thru, I have a friend who showed me how to print the embroidery designs out but this was 2 years ago and I forgot. I have a really good free program for opening your embroidery and I think this is the program we used for everything, including moving pes files to my thumb drive. It's called "The Editor"...free online. Hope this helps
Old 02-22-2016, 06:23 PM

Well, I feel like I wasted a whole day .....didn't get any sewing done, but I did get a grip on my embroidery files! Literally it has taken me all day! lol I was able to trace some designs that I purchased on line from EmbroideryDesigns.com, so I renamed all those files. I had to trial run a few of them until I could figure out that that was where they came from. Then I found a file full of zipped designs that I purchased from Tucker's Treasures when she shut down her web site. I wondered what went with the catalog that I also found on my back up files flash drive! Now I checked a CD that I have that is a collection of designs from Brother, all PES files but I am going to have to find a program to read it. It is giving me the bug to want to do bigger designs but then I would have to buy a new machine!
Old 02-22-2016, 06:51 PM

Thanks Judy for the offer but I am going to try a free version right now as I am sure I am going thru a phase! I actually would like to make several blocks and put them in a quilt. After I do that I may not use it again for a long while and then I will have to learn it all over again! Oh yes....I found the book that I was looking for after I downloaded the one! I knew that would happen; it also was in a place that I know I looked at least 4 times!