March POM Swap

Old 02-28-2016, 07:59 AM

Count me in again this month. I too wanted to include a basket for my coasters. With being out of town for work a whole week I got be hind and didn't get it done. Off to send my PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

Jaba, I love turquoise and mine took a whole bobbin too to finish. Are we making the same thing?
Old 02-28-2016, 09:16 AM

Mine has turned out quite flimsy. But, I think I have a solution! More quilting! That never hurt anything!
Old 02-28-2016, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

Well, I haven't started mine yet. lol.. I do have my pattern all printed out with pics. I will maybe start on it soon, because I am getting ready to shortly start on the FWS 1930's Reproduction Group as soon as my book/cd arrives in a couple of days. I am also trying to finish my mug rug for that swap. Still have to work on my FPC too. I have a full plate at the moment. lol... I am loving it though. I think my basket should turn out ok, but I will see. I will try to find the fabric to use today, and maybe even get it cut out since I will be very busy tomorrow out of town. Can't wait to see everyone's basket. I love baskets.

I first was going to just go with a squarish type basket that I have made before for my hubby to put some things in by his computer set up, but it's more like a tray size in height, so I didn't know if they would work for this. It would only be a about 3 inches tall. Maybe I will think on it though before I cut my chosen fabric. It's the one where they corners go out or can be sewn connected to keep from sticking out. What does anyone think? Then I would put some pretty embellishments.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

I am going to have more time to sew today than I first thought. Yay!!!! Hubby is under the weather so no trip out of town.

Have a great day everyone! We are suppose to have another nice and warmer day with full sun.
If I get really with it today, (which is always debatable) I might ease in some time re-potting a couple of house plants. They are literally breaking out of their present pots.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:02 AM

Question -- how big are most people making their baskets? Mine turned out to be a full blown big "Easter" style basket. Now I have a dilemma on how I'm going to mail it without crushing it!! Maybe I should scale down a little bit??
Old 02-29-2016, 08:50 AM

No extra time to participate this month. Maybe next month. I have two queeen size customs to get done, classes to finish up, and taxes.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Question -- how big are most people making their baskets? Mine turned out to be a full blown big "Easter" style basket. Now I have a dilemma on how I'm going to mail it without crushing it!! Maybe I should scale down a little bit??
Mine is huge!!!... I'm not sure how to mail it either. The directions said read through all directions first. Which of course I didn't cause it looked so much like some of the purses and totes I've made. So it turned out twice as big as the finished measurement on the first part of the pattern. (which was in error).Once most of it was cut out I just couldn't recut it down and waste fabrics.So Mine is a TRUNK not a BASKET. lol
Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Mine is huge!!!... I'm not sure how to mail it either. The directions said read through all directions first. Which of course I didn't cause it looked so much like some of the purses and totes I've made. So it turned out twice as big as the finished measurement on the first part of the pattern. (which was in error).Once most of it was cut out I just couldn't recut it down and waste fabrics.So Mine is a TRUNK not a BASKET. lol
LOL Mary, you are a hoot!

Can you fold it up at all? To mail it? It should be fairly light, right?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Mine has turned out quite flimsy. But, I think I have a solution! More quilting! That never hurt anything!
Lots of quilting should help stabilize your basket. I actually thought ahead and used Insul-Bright. It was what I had on hand.