Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help---Need an idea >

Help---Need an idea

Help---Need an idea

Old 03-03-2016, 11:19 AM

I love my shoe bags especially for travel. Shoes don't get the other things dirty when they are in bags.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
a fabric basket is a good idea,thanks, but what kind and colors. I'm at a loss. Don't know her colors, I'd have to ask. I also want it easy to ship too.
What about the microwave cozy for bowls?
Old 03-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Beach tote? In beachy colors and fabrics?

Or there was a really cute beach theme mug rug I saw somewhere....but I can't remember where.
A cute little wristlet bag?
Old 03-03-2016, 03:02 PM

So many great ideas! Since she lives in the south, like me, just remember that you can't ever go wrong with something monogrammed!
Old 03-03-2016, 05:10 PM

Oven door towels. The ones that hang over the oven handle. There are different kinds you can make. I made several that looks like a dress. The bodice part is what is fabric & lace & the skirt part is a hand towel. Every one loved them. Also the microwave bowel cozy. I sold many of these.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:12 PM

Use the USPS priority shipping boxes. I have to ship things to my grand kids. I always stuff those boxes for a flat rate. If you do it online you get a little break too. How about a journal cover or a fabric book cover with bookmark. I made cosmetic bags recently and the girls loved them! They were super easy and shipped cheap too.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silk View Post
I think that's a great idea.

Or you can make something similar, a makeup brush roll-up case like this:

http://www.sew4home.com/projects/sto...-secret-pocket

It doesn't seem difficult, it's useful... and it's small, so the shipping cost won't be expensive.
Thanks for finding this pattern, Silk. I think I will have to make one of these for my daughter. We've given her several special make-up brushes already, so now she needs something to protect them. This looks great.

Leslie
Old 03-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

thanks everyone, so many good ideas. I did a bunch of kitchen towels, but you can always use more. I like that idea of the oven door one. also the boxy bag, and the shoe bag.

This is a great thread, because you all have come up with such great ideas. In the past 4 yrs, I feel like I've made her everything. She does travel a lot, so the shoe bag is a good idea, and I also like the boxy bag for shoes too.

If you were getting the gift. would you like the shoe bag of shoe fabric or other fabric, and if so, what kind. Should I applique a shoe on it?? Thanks everyone for wonderful ideas.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:49 PM

Default Fabric Basket Color

a fabric basket is a good idea,thanks, but what kind and colors. I'm at a loss. Don't know her colors, I'd have to ask. I also want it easy to ship too.
When in doubt, ask God Almighty to help you. He designs my quilts and I sew them. He tells me what colors to use. He can do that for you also if you put your trust in Him; He'll lead you in the right direction. (Proverbs 3:5-6) Enjoy! The King's kid since 1982.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:56 AM

thanks everyone, so many good ideas. I did a bunch of kitchen towels, but you can always use more. I like that idea of the oven door one. also the boxy bag, and the shoe bag.

This is a great thread, because you all have come up with such great ideas. In the past 4 yrs, I feel like I've made her everything. She does travel a lot, so the shoe bag is a good idea, and I also like the boxy bag for shoes too.

If you were getting the gift. would you like the shoe bag of shoe fabric or other fabric, and if so, what kind. Should I applique a shoe on it?? Thanks everyone for wonderful ideas.
I'm in love with my shoe bags. Use them all the time. One suggestion if you make her more than 1- make them out of different prints. I've had 2 of the same print before and am always going to the wrong bag for the shoes I want. Not a tragedy. But a pain to waste time grabbing the wrong one out of your suitcase when maybe you're in a hurry.