Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any new great products in the last 2 1/2 years come out? >

Any new great products in the last 2 1/2 years come out?

Any new great products in the last 2 1/2 years come out?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:52 AM

Welcome back! You were missed...... Creative Grids Stripology Ruler
Old 03-06-2016, 11:01 AM

Welcome back! I have to say, the decorative rotary cutter blades so I can pink long pieces if necessary. But you know, I have bought the Klutz glove to use. So many folks here have talked about their quick cuts and rush to the dr for stitches, I actually ordered 2 - one for my sewing room and one for my travel bag. Luckily I have not had an incident yet, hopefully the gloves will keep it that way.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
Welcome back! I have to say, the decorative rotary cutter blades so I can pink long pieces if necessary. But you know, I have bought the Klutz glove to use. So many folks here have talked about their quick cuts and rush to the dr for stitches, I actually ordered 2 - one for my sewing room and one for my travel bag. Luckily I have not had an incident yet, hopefully the gloves will keep it that way.
I won't cut without a safety tool. I keep my rotary cutter in the glove when I pack for classes and such. This way the glove is always with the cutter. I have no excuse not to use it. I use the Quilter's Slide Lock at home and my guild has a rule a glove or other safety tool has to be used if rotary cutting on guild time. (guild had to pay all medical cost and time lost when beginner cut her finger while learning to cut at guild plus lawyer fee) Don't think it won't happen it can.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

It may have come out sooner than 2 1/2 years ago, but my DH bought me the Fiskars Ruler and Rotary Cutter combination, and I love it, especially when I have a lot of fabric cuts to make. Having a handle where you just push your hand across instead of holding on to a rotary cutter, really saves me wrist pain when cutting. That is the only "new" thing I can think of. I'm happy for you that you are getting back to quilting. I was sidelined for 2 years due to a torn rotator cuff that didn't really work, then the pain got so bad that I had the shoulder replaced - I wish I could have done it sooner, as I feel like a spring chicken and my quilting time and projects have really increased.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:34 PM

I've bought several new feet for my Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q in the last couple of years.

Go online to your machine's website and see what's new for your machine.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:38 PM

Welcome back to the Board. Glad you are able to get back to quilting.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:01 PM

I took a 5 year hiatus a few years back and they've probably been out for a while, but I like and have purchased several of the Creative Grids rulers with the grippy stuff underneath; they help prevent slippage better than other brands in my experience (they're especially good for days when the little arthritis I do have makes my finger joints sore). The second thing is the scissors with micro-serrated edges. I know Olfa and Perfect Scissors (forgot the person's name of that brand) carry them. While I use other scissors also, the micro-serrated ones work especially well when I'm trimming off dog-ears on HST blocks, keeping the fabric between the blades as I snip them off rather than pushing it ahead as my other snips do. Welcome back (and happy shopping)!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by grma33 View Post
deb tucker creative grid rulers
here wing clipper for flying geese is awesome!
Gale
I agree with the Deb tucker Rulers. They make perfect blocks every time! I was given the little binding clips, and love them. At one quilt store I was introduced to the chalk stick marker ( roller wheel with chalk powder), which is probably not new, but it was new to me.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 AM

I've been using the Guidelines Guide Lock Strips and the peel and stick Grip strips for the past few months and really love them. They hold the ruler steady, and the lock strips make it very easy to cut strips of any width. Check it out at Guidelines4Quilting.com
Old 03-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Karen Kay Buckley scissors are so nice. They have serrated blades, just don't sharpen them! Clover Wonder Clips are really great for holding your binding. I too love the Creative Grids rulers. Olfa Splash rotary rulers make it easy to change the blades.

Oh and welcome back!