Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever make a top you just don't like? >

Have you ever make a top you just don't like?

Have you ever make a top you just don't like?

Old 03-11-2016, 05:55 AM

What about putting some large pink and white applique flowers in the black space? That is what I envisioned when I saw it.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:34 AM

You all have some great ideas! Now that I have the borders on, and I've made a backing that includes some strips of the colours, I think I'll make a new thread asking for ideas on how to quilt it. Maybe if I get all the ideas in one spot, I'll have an epiphany.

Watson
Old 03-11-2016, 06:57 AM

YES! I made a flannel quilt I just never liked. It cost me a fortune to make and have quilted so I put it on our bed in the winter months. It is very heavy so it keeps us warm 😝. I gave a couple wall hangings to the Goodwill because I thought someone might like them more than I did.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:29 AM

I made this exact quilt with blue instead of pink, for my grandson. I didn't like it either, until I quilted it. I quilted it with straight lines very close together on one side and triangular lines 1/4 an inch apart on the other, after all of that not so bad.[ATTACH=CONFIG]544524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151224_185458.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	544524   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151224_185504.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	544525  

Last edited by Jinney; 03-11-2016 at 08:30 AM. Reason: wrong measurement
Old 03-11-2016, 08:32 AM

Perfect for a girls dorm room!!!
I agree once it's quilted you. Will change your mind!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:56 AM

If anyone wants to send me their UFO's that need to be finished and qulited, I would love to do them and send to charity of your choice. I need practice on my Machine quilting. I want to buy a sit down, but don't know if I am good enough to spend that kind of money.

I once was making one of Eleanors Quilts in a Day and I hated it. I put it away for several years and got it out again, tried working on it and still didn't like it. So away it went again. Several years ago I got it out and told my self that I had to work at least 15 minutes a day on it. I did, quilted it and folded it up. My then 4 year old grandaughter saw it one day and yelled "Purple, Mine", so I gave it to her. She is now 21 and still has that old quilt. You just never know.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:17 PM

Yes, but I always finish what I start - and for a reason! Will it look like I thought it would. Yes it does and I love them, every single one of them. Edie
Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM

if you don't want to donate it and can't think of anyone who might like it, you could remove the center blocks and make a couple tote bags (maybe one with a bright pink inside and the other with a black inside). You could use the fifth on the flap of a purse or messenger bag. All of these would make wonderful gifts. Then make a different block to put back in the quilt. I would make a block that you know you like. This would probably reinvigorate you to finish it. If you try to 'push thru it', it makes it more like a job than fun - the worst possible thing! (BTW - I like it. I think it is one of the few modern style quilts that I have liked.)
Old 03-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

sometimes i find if i take a break from it then go back i will finish it i think it looks great
Old 03-12-2016, 01:18 AM

Yes. there is times I don't like a quilt I am working on but after its all finished it usually turns out a lot better then I thought it would. Finish it and give it as a gift. Or you could embellish it after it is finished with buttons, beads or even use some metallic thread on it to give it glitter. You could also use it as a table runner !