Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pattern frustrations >

pattern frustrations

pattern frustrations

Old 03-14-2016, 09:46 AM

Default pattern frustrations

About two weeks ago I placed an order at Missouri Quilt Company for a couple of jelly rolls and a layer cake the at I really liked. One of the jelly rolls matches the layer cake but the other didn't because I didn't have a pattern in mind for it. A couple of minutes later I found a pattern that I loved that required two jelly rolls so I quick ordered another one. Then I thought to myself "I have that pattern at home" and closed the browser. Guess what! I don't have the pattern at home and now for the life of me I can't find the pattern no matter how I search for it on the web. I know that I'll know it when I see it again and I have found some that are close but they just are not it.

Have you ever found a pattern you love, didn't get it, and then can't find again?

How do I move on and try and find something I like equally as much?

kelly
Old 03-14-2016, 09:48 AM

someone on here might help you find it if you could describe it well enough.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:10 AM

Hard for me to describe. It's one of those I'll know it when I see it type things. However, I do think it is similar to the first one in this blog:

http://quiltpiecer.blogspot.com/2010...elly-roll.html
Old 03-14-2016, 10:35 AM

Was it this? http://www.joscountryjunction.com/oz...tern-tutorial/
Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by KellyPete View Post
About two weeks ago I placed an order at Missouri Quilt Company for a couple of jelly rolls and a layer cake the at I really liked. One of the jelly rolls matches the layer cake but the other didn't because I didn't have a pattern in mind for it. A couple of minutes later I found a pattern that I loved that required two jelly rolls so I quick ordered another one. Then I thought to myself "I have that pattern at home" and closed the browser. Guess what! I don't have the pattern at home and now for the life of me I can't find the pattern no matter how I search for it on the web. I know that I'll know it when I see it again and I have found some that are close but they just are not it.

Have you ever found a pattern you love, didn't get it, and then can't find again?

How do I move on and try and find something I like equally as much?

kelly
you can look at your browser history to retrace your steps to where you found the pattern
Old 03-14-2016, 10:44 AM

sandrab64 - Close but not quite. The link I closed was an actual pattern to purchase.

OhCanada - I tried that but there was to much in the history and I think I was on pinterest and clicked on a link. That wouldn't be in my history I don't think. Plus I got a new computer and all the history has been lost. womp womp womp.

Thanks so much for the assistance.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:04 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I found the perfect black and cream fabric to do a kaleidoscope quilt with and thought I bookmarked it but I guess I didn't....and can't find it anywhere in the history.

Ah, well....it's not the worst thing that could happen.

Hope you find yours.

Watson
Old 03-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

I am still running XP on my old computer and keep my history because I can always find out where I have been running Mozilla.

I would start searching for it and I would start looking at Jelly roll patterns in Google Images
https://www.google.com/search?q=Jell...w=1016&bih=598
and Pinterest. Good Luck.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:09 PM

If it was a Missouri Star pattern you can probably find it in their YouTube tutorials.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

I would try doing a Google search using whatever descriptive words you remember, then click on "images" and see if you can spot the pattern that way. Also you can try going back to Pinterest. I've noticed that many of the images from day to day remain the same on mine. If it doesn't appear, try searching jelly roll quilts on Pinterest. If there were quarter circles or half circles in the quilt, put that in the search description too.