Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 03-24-2016, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Love the red,white and blue. I think the star in the center would really set it off too. Pamela pretty runner. Looks like Jack agrees. Judy what a terrific donation for a wonderful association. Disabled vets gets my attention. Vets are important to me too. Thank You for them and your donations.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:07 AM

Just Jan - I really like it in the Red, White, and Blue. I am going to work on my runner this weekend and if I have time I may just have to give this one a try. I agree with Klaws, would be perfect for the next table runner swap.

Ctyankee - Jack looks like a cute little guy. My oldest will be 15 this year. He is still very spry for his age, but there are certain things that continue to remind us that he is an old dog. He is loosing his sight and hearing, and because of the sight he misses steps and trips or missteps all together and is always doing something to his one leg. None the less he still loves us and we love him. I really like your blocks and the way you set them. I also love the colors you choose.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:42 PM

Default Mystery Quilt #13

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Life got in the way and I missed the train! I hopped on at the last stop and have enjoyed looking at all of your beautiful runners / tops / to-be-quilts. I’ve saved the instructions and hope to get to this lovely project soon. Judy, you did it again! Thank you for a great pattern.
I vote for April 30th.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:17 PM

Anoka Quilter -- Jack hasn't changed at all since we got him. Our black lab showed his age ... he passed at 11yo. The two boys are (were) the same age. In fact, we got Jack because Rory, the black lab, wanted his own dog. They were great companions together. I still miss Rory. But Jack sounds like your dog, with all the problems of old age. Jack's sight is going (gone), as is his hearing, he has arthritis, he stumbles over his own feet ... but we love him anyway! Yesterday when I got home from work, he met me at the door, as always, but his arthritis wouldn't allow him to stand up properly & he was hobbling around the kitchen. Poor baby, I called him Mr. Hobbles, but he's still my boy.

I really enjoyed this tablerunner, & I like the RW&B, so I may do one of those. What's not to love about red, white & blue anyway? My wedding quilt, which was made in 1984, is RW&B. I didn't realize that until I had it completed & I stepped back, looked at it & said, holy cow, it's red, white & blue! Up till then I thought of it as a red quilt, since it was the red fabric that I fell in love with. LOL
Old 03-24-2016, 04:14 PM

ctyankee, Pretty colors and I like the way you turned your blocks. I might try that too because my colors are not showing the pineapple pattern very well.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:29 AM

Default mystery quilt #12

Enjoyed making the blocks.Bad picture but you can see I pulled back and sewed each triangle for a dimensional look.Not sure how to quilt after I sandwich it....www.southwindquilts.com. has a lot of patterns that have that technique.Thanks Judy for hosting the mystery.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1623.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	545961  
Old 03-25-2016, 03:40 AM

Wow, Mary O. That is really pretty. Love the colors.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:48 AM

I also love the colors Mary O, very pretty and I love the extra triangles in the border.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:23 AM

Love seeing all the various color combinations. All are gorgeous. I only have one block done at this point. Hope to work on mine soon. Thanks Judy--another winner!!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I think I need to make our soon to be grand daughter a baby quilt from this pattern. Only thing different I would do different is sew down the triangles. Wonder what it would look like in soft baby pastels??
I'm feeling a little better today and plan to work on my table runner, finally! Was thinking about what you said here about a quilt for a baby girl and that you would sew the triangles down. Well here's an idea... make the block as usual then put your finger on the edge of the triangle and push back the edge in an arc shape like Cathedral Windows as you sew it down. It would give it the look of little petals. Another thought is use pale green for all the logs and mix up the pastel colors for the petals. What do you think? Actually I'm thinking of making an Easter block that way. If I do I will post a picture. Or if you do, please post a picture.