Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • The Splendid Sampler >
  • The Splendid Sampler

• The Splendid Sampler

Old 03-08-2016, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    Did you remove bobbin and put back...I put mine in newer machine backwards once and it did that. My older machine only allows it to go in one way.... Then try retreading top.....Good luck
    Sad to say, I did take out bobbin, even put different thread on all the way around. Sometimes it runs really well, then for some reason it doesn't like the thread. Once I swap them out I am fine for awhile. The poor little machine has seen a lot of sewing on quilts, can't be easy. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Old 03-26-2016, 05:03 AM

These blocks are so stinkn' cute!!!! I am up to date with them at this point. Every time I see the new release I think to myself 'I don't think I like this one'. BUT, after it's done I wonder which one is my favorite. It's really time consuming though. We have formed a little group (about 8 ladies) that meat at 8am one day a wk to keep us on target. This has been one of the most inspiring and fun things I have done. Most of us are also doing quilt as you go because we don't want to end up with them in a box along with all the other UFO!!!!! LOL If you haven't yet joined the fun - do it!!!!
    Old 03-27-2016, 05:49 PM
    CRO

I have had so much fun and have also made 3 of the bonus blocks. I still haven't finished block eleven. I have never done embroidery before and I am intimidated, but have needles on the way so I can get it done.
    I'm determined to do them all no matter what.
    Old 03-29-2016, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by CRO
    I have had so much fun and have also made 3 of the bonus blocks. I still haven't finished block eleven. I have never done embroidery before and I am intimidated, but have needles on the way so I can get it done.
    I'm determined to do them all no matter what.
    I am with you Cro, I am determined to finish them too, but think it will take me longer than the most of the people doing it. My thing.....as long as I finish, I am good. Finding little pieces difficult to work with. I have done more than one block over. You are doing well with doing even bonus blocks. The most finished and caught up I am on this......I have printed off all the patterns so far. About 1/2 the blocks done though.
    Old 04-23-2016, 03:21 PM

I've signed up for the Splendid Sampler Quilt-a-long also. I'm on block #19, so I am not too far behind. I'm really enjoying it. I'm anxious to see what Sunday's block will be.
    Old 04-26-2016, 04:45 PM
    CRO

I'm struggling with block 11. I just can't get the chain stitch down. Have ripped it out numerous times.