Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses >

Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses

Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses

Old 04-01-2016, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have Inklingo but find the instructions how to use it confusing. Getting it open on the computer takes jumping through hoops. I quit using it for that reason.
I too tried doing inklingo....it's in Adobe and I too found it difficult to meneuver thru, so I didn't really get into it. Plus, I found I am really not comfortable hand piecing, but enjoy epp, so just do things that way. Actually Lucy Boston did do epp, whereas W. Hammerstein, who did original millefiori handpieced.

perhaps, if I had given inklingo more attention, I might think differently, maybe some day.......
Old 04-01-2016, 05:00 PM

If you have an Accuquilt die machine you can get a die made in shapes you want. The shapes are small so you can get several sizes of each shape on one die. Many get the size for paper and fabric on one die.
true, but many times there is a lot of fussy cutting for the potc designs and I personally like using the acrylic templates offered by paperpieces...they have a seam allowance of 3/8", much easier for gluing or basting....and they are reasonably priced, that's just my way, everyone has to find what works best for them
Old 04-02-2016, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
Thank you for asking this question - I had never seen this quilt before, and now it's on my To Do list.

Looking at it, I would definitely paper piece it. It uses 1" honeycombs and 1" squares, both of which you can get from PaperPieces.com. The instructions on this page are clear enough that I don't think I need any further instructions, but I might get her daughter-in-law's book, just to see her other quilts. From the reviews, it sounds interesting!
Thanks so much for these links. The quilt with the pattern is beautiful. I've saved it for my dream list.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:33 AM

OH! What a great idea about the punch! If that could be found I could make my paper pieces ASAP ! Thanks so much !
Old 04-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Fiskars make the hex punches in three different sizes. The Facebook group has sent many emails pleading for Fiskars to make the honeycomb and diamond punch shapes.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:08 AM

Fiskars make the hex punches in three different sizes. The Facebook group has sent many emails pleading for Fiskars to make the honeycomb and diamond punch shapes.

maybe we should too! Hope they realize the potential market here for them
Old 04-02-2016, 06:49 AM

What a lovely quilt! Can't wait to see the next one !
Old 04-02-2016, 06:50 AM

Oh! Didn't know I could get a personalized shape from them. What a good idea! Thanks !
Old 04-02-2016, 01:16 PM

I have one block of POTC done. It's something that you carry in your handbag and work on when you can. I'm
using the English pp method. You can make your own elongated hexagons on card stock. They're also reusable.
Coincidentally, today I picked up the latest(?) issue of Quiltmania (no. 112). It has a pattern called Lucy in a Hurry,
a larger simplified version of the original.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:11 PM

I hate EPP so I bought Inklingo. I love it, however, I'm not too wild about Linda Frantz's control of the pattern. You have to log in and can only have it on 2 machines which is no problem but I've had issues when I had to wipe a computer a couple of times because of issues I was having. Her site thought I had loaded it more (I've only had it on the one computer). I had to contact her to get her to reset my permissions. She questioned me on why I needed it reset and told me repeatedly that I could only load it twice. I guess she thought I had it on more than one computer. I told her I had to completely wipe my computer and that I only had 1 computer so that's the only one it had been loaded on. I didn't appreciate what I considered being fussed at and having to explain why I needed what I paid for restored to me. I also wonder what would happen if she went out of business or died (I know, terrible!) but if you can't sign on to "renew," you can't continue to use it.