Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
computerized quilting LA machine question >

computerized quilting LA machine question

computerized quilting LA machine question

Old 04-17-2016, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
I have Innova and Gammill. Both are 26". Are you asking how wide a pattern you can quilt? If so, I've found that about 17" is the widest I can go without worrying about any obstructions.
Yes wondering how wide of a pattern lol I wasn't quite sure how to word the question I had in my head!
Old 04-17-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by patski View Post
How tall are you? What is your sight like? I am only 5 feet tall so the 26" would be useless for me. Check out Innova and if you deal with Renee from quilts on the corner she will be HONEST with you. They are not just in it for the $$, they really do sell you what will work best for you
I am 5'7" and I have pretty good eyesight. Don't need readers yet lol! I spoke with one of the ladies in Renees shop and I am so eager to try the innova out and meet Renee and learn more about the machines. After taking to them at the shop (over the phone) the quickly made the short list! It sounds like an amazing machine and company and it sounds like Renee is a dealer that can't be beat. They were so friendly on the phone and answered all my questions
Old 04-18-2016, 04:59 AM

I have a 24" Fusion, and 16" is about the max I'll go with. It's not a real big deal unless you have quilts on point and want to do a pattern in the block.

I upgraded from a 13" machine, and sure do like the extra room!

I also started out without the robotics, waited about a year to get them as I didn't think I'd like it all that much, but am finding I really like using that when I've got a gift to get out in a hurry, and an all over meander will be perfect for it. DH also likes the robotics, and he's done a few quilts too. So far, he's got no interest in free motion work.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I have a 24" Fusion, and 16" is about the max I'll go with. It's not a real big deal unless you have quilts on point and want to do a pattern in the block.

I upgraded from a 13" machine, and sure do like the extra room!

I also started out without the robotics, waited about a year to get them as I didn't think I'd like it all that much, but am finding I really like using that when I've got a gift to get out in a hurry, and an all over meander will be perfect for it. DH also likes the robotics, and he's done a few quilts too. So far, he's got no interest in free motion work.
Thank you! ive been looking at Handi Quilter. DO you like your fusion?
Old 04-23-2016, 10:49 AM

I have the HQ 16 with ProStitcher and the Avante, which is 18". I had tried a friend's Fusion but it felt too big for me, esp when doing FMQ and not compputerized.