Coloring

Old 04-18-2016, 05:37 AM

Yes, I've caught the bug too. I also have an awesome coloring book app on my Kindle that I use all the time. It's simply called "Coloring" and it was free; lots of really nice designs in the app, and the update it regularly with new ones.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:46 AM

When I was teaching special ed, we would color with the students to model how to hold a crayon, use more than one color, etc. My aides and I would often comment that we were getting paid to have fun coloring! Our secret has been found out! I think I'll get a coloring book to take on our road trip in a couple of months.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:52 AM

Sometimes at night when I can't sleep for worrying about my DH, I get up and go to my sewing room and color. Since I am concerned about my DH's condition and prognosis, I can't really concentrate on quilting and piecing, so I just color for a while until I am once again ready to go to bed to toss and turn. It is a wonderful time consumer. So glad I am coloring instead of fretting.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

Just stopped by my moms house, she now has about 200 coloring pencils, all that the stores have and just got her 10th coloring book. she's hooked. Keeps a 80 yr old woman off the streets and out of the stores. Unless of course, they come out with a new book. To bad Michaels doesn't take coupons on them.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:15 AM

I paint and quilt so I don't have much time to color. I bought some for my DGD who loves to draw for Christmas. She is a busy teen so I don't know if she has had much time for it but she was thrilled to get them.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

Last Sept. I was in Rehab after taking a serious of falls and I was really bored. I had asked my DH for a coloring book and he brought me in a Creative Cats coloring book (I love cats) along with a set of 50 colored pencils and he surprised me by giving them to me on my birthday. It really helped keep me from going nutty, and for Christmas our DGD and DDIL bought me two different coloring books. Occasionally, when Zoe comes over, Zoe will ask Grandma MiMi to color, so we usually color something while she's here. Lately I have been doing more quilting than coloring, but it's there when I want to color, especially if the quilting starts bothering my left arm. I have to pace myself as I'm looking forward (not really) to having that shoulder replaced when it gets too bad, so then I can have a matched set, as I had my right shoulder replaced just a year ago and I'm doing great, especially without all the pain of a badly torn rotator cuff.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:48 AM

I haven't even been tempted (yet!). My daughter's into it, which strikes me as funny because she really didn't like coloring when she was little. I think it's wonderful for those who enjoy it for relaxation, kind of mindless fun like me playing my iPad games.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:58 AM

I have absolutely no desire to color. If I have time, I quilt.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:34 PM

I have looked at these coloring books often since just about every type of store carries them.
I wanted to get one for my 86 year old mom but the designs are so intense, I would rather have less tiny areas to color.
What are your opinions?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:39 PM

Looks very interesting, but I have avoided so far. I have all the "time-suckers" I can handle right now!