Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
power pressure cooker Xl >

power pressure cooker Xl

power pressure cooker Xl

Old 04-06-2016, 04:28 PM

Well, gang, I now have the GoWise pressure cooker/slow cooker combo and I love it. I've used most all the functions and it's really easy. This one is an 8 quart. I've had a cuisinart 6 quart for several years and decided I needed a bigger one. I'd love to hear all y'all's recipes.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM
mac

I love the beans story, I did that one time with boiled eggs. Went outside to water the plants and got talking to a neighbor that stopped by. I started smelling something that was very disagreeable and couldn't figure what it was. When I went back into the house the smell was horrible and I discovered that the egg pan ran out of water and all the eggs had exploded everywhere. What a chore to clean up, not to mention ruining a favorite pan. Any longer cooking on my electric burner, I think the pan would have melted.

Oh wait, I just realized that I have a Power Pressure Cooker XI, too. Can't believe I forgot about it. Yes, it's true I can be a ditz at times. I have never used my pressure cooker because I didn't understand the thing you have to do first to pressure cooker before you start cooking with it. Something about letting the steam out....???

Just after I bought it, I found out I had to have some major surgery and the pressure cooker got put back into the box and I totally forgot about it. My husband put it in a closet and it was out of sight; that was about a year ago. I guess I will have to back and figure out what that first step you had to do before you started cooking with it.

I have never used a pressure cooker before and I think that I am a little timid about cooking in it. Any suggestions about getting over my fear of using it?

Last edited by mac; 04-13-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:43 AM

I've always had a stove-top one...What is the benefit of going electric?

Watson
Old 04-13-2016, 09:55 AM

The best part about having the electric one is being able to set the timer and walk away. It turns off when it is done. If the recipe calls for a quick release you will need to know when to release it. My pressure cooker has an alarm on it, but it isn't very loud. But you don't have to wait for it to reach pressure before setting the timer, the electric does it all for you. Depending on what one you buy determines the bells and whistles. Now many have the various settings so you put in your recipe, push that button on the machine and walk away. Mine is not that fancy, and I have not worried about it exploding - guess it could malfunction but then so could anything that you plug in. (Even out sewing machines....)
Old 04-22-2016, 12:50 PM

I received an Instant Pot for X-mas 2015. I use it nearly every day and love it. It is so versatile and takes the place of my rice cooker, crock pot, and stove top pressure cooker, plus I can make yogurt too. My husband asked me the other day if I would use 2 if I had another one. Told him that on most days one is sufficient but there have definitely been days when having 2 would have been ideal. I totally recommend this product.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:41 PM

I have the XL and it's great. I just use the booklet that came with it that tells you how long to cook things. Also bought the cookbook but haven't used it yet. I just push the buttons and set the timer and it does all the work. We love collards and it cooks them so good and quickly instead of all day.