"Weigh In"

Old 01-26-2010, 03:55 AM

Just a suggestion here: the prices of fruits and veggies are expected to triple over the next month due to the weather in the growing areas. If you check FDA websites, frozen veggies are as "healthful" as fresh, esp the new ones that you steam in microwave. Fruits lose some nutrients when frozen but are still considered a good alternative the more expensive fresh ones. I've tried the new Steamer-type veggies and they're very good--just don't get the ones with all the cheese or sauces. Hopes this helps someone.
Off to work--have a good and healthy eating day everyone!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 AM

Excercised today. On my low calarie diet today. See how it goes. Have alot of clothes in the closet that don't fit. Will fit if I lose 20 pounds. Lets go girls. We can do it.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:32 AM

I'm going to join this too... I have over 100 to lose... but I would like to start off small, like 20 pounds... 20 is doable... lol...
Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I'm going to join this too... I have over 100 to lose... but I would like to start off small, like 20 pounds... 20 is doable... lol...
Agreed - 20 is doable! You can do it! Think in terms of small steps. If I looked at my total goal, it would be like staring up the stairs in the Cape Hatteras lighthouse! So I look at the first one or two. Those are doable. :lol: My children want to race up the stairs (literally). I'll settle for walking!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 AM

My first step is starting to drink water more and to get on a normal sleep pattern...

I do this week long summer camp thing each year, I'm a volunteer, and we get three meals a day... breakfast, lunch and dinner... theres a ton of walking to be done... this is held at a college campus... I always manage to lose about five pounds when I'm there... Its the balance of the food... and the fact that I end up eating more salad due to the regular food being less palatable.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 AM

You all are doing so fantastic! !!Can I put in my 2.2 lb loss this week? I managed to journal all week, still don't like it, my opinion is 'normal' people don't write down what they eat... they just eat. But, okay I'll do it again this week. I cut 1 full minute off my run on Sunday, that make it a 10.5 minute mile! 14 weeks until my 1/2 marathon. My goal 2 weeks ago was to run the 13.1 miles in 2 and 1/2 hrs. I may have to revise that.Good Luck!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:34 AM

I have a goal... lol... other than weight loss... that is the ability to run a mile... in under a half hour... with out walking... I have a nine week program for it that is for all activity levels... couch to 5 k (3 miles approx.) It helps you ease into running and it seems like it would work... I think I'm going to test it... scientific like... This way I don't see it as working out... i see it as an experiment! I'll start that when I'm able to get to the community gym with the treadmill or when the whether here isn't bad...
Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 AM

vjengels...I so admire that you can run! I've done too much damage to my feet and legs to be able to run far at all...(flat footed, bad ankles...whole laundry list of stuff)

And you're right. "Normal" people don't journal what they eat, but we're not "Normal"! We're...special! :D And it gets better...for maintenance, I don't journal, but instead kind of keep a running total in my head. To get this final 10 lbs off tho, I'm thinking I'll be going back to calorie counting, because I've not been able to budge an ounce without it!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 AM

I always wanted to be a runner. My brothers and their spouses both run marathons and climb mountains. I've been the couch potato.

This morning, due to diuretics, I'm down 2.5 pounds. Yippee! My bp was 146/86 and bg was 150. Pretty good while I'm still adjusting to meds. I've been up since 3 am and walking quite a bit in the house. Almost nap time...
Old 01-26-2010, 07:06 AM

I plan to do my weight in on Thursdays after my Weight Watchers meeting, but I did not exercise yesterday (I had exercised the past four days) and I did weight this morning and I gained about a pound. Why oh why can one gain so much faster then to lose!!! I will get up and exercise today.