Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/27 - 5/30 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/27 - 5/30

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/27 - 5/30

Old 05-30-2016, 03:54 PM

meanmom, sorry about the passing of your cycling friend - your wallhanging is a great tribute!
Old 05-30-2016, 04:28 PM

This virtual quilting weekend has been a blast! What fun to see what everyone is working on.

Raggiemom- love all three, but I think the Lone Star is my favorite.

Sewbizgal- those socks are way cool.

GingerK- what a lucky friend to be getting the fabulous 8 pocket bag.

Thimblebug- I'm loving those sheep, what a great baby quilt.

Meyert- Those Halloween table runners are wonderful! That's my favorite holiday.

I got the blocks for the log cabin stitched together, it's now put away until I decide what kind of borders I want to do. And I got another UFO bound and off the pile! I'll post a picture of that in the UFO thread in the Challenges forum.

Rob

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Old 05-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post

I finished the two projects that I wanted to today. I didn't get to the QoV pillowcases, cats actually let us sleep in this morning then I had to go grocery shopping. But all in all, it has been a very productive weekend
Those are beautiful, Heather! I especially love the big quilt. Is it Swoon or Carpenter's Star?
Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
WOW so many beautiful project. Here is what I am working on. One of the men in my spinning class passed away last week. He was the nicest guy i have ever met. Always aa nice thing to say etc. He did a lot of volunteering and donating to the YMCA.. He was there pretty much every day working out and helping with things. He hurt his back and went to the doctor and had advanced bone cancer, he died 17 days later. They are renaming the cycling studio after him so I am making this to hang there. I plan to put his name on it.
How traumatic for everyone in the spin class and gym that this sweet man died! But it was really great that he had no problems up until about two weeks before his death! If you are going to die of cancer, you can hardly expect better than that. He was blessed.

So sorry for your loss. I think your quilt and the renaming of the spin studio will really help everyone get through this terrible loss. Big hugs to you!
Old 05-30-2016, 05:30 PM

Meamom-- such sad news, I'm sorry for your loss. The bicycle quilt is a lovely way of remembering your friend.

Rob
Old 05-30-2016, 05:36 PM

Wow...love the star quilt. On my bucket list.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
WOW so many beautiful project. Here is what I am working on. One of the men in my spinning class passed away last week. He was the nicest guy i have ever met. Always aa nice thing to say etc. He did a lot of volunteering and donating to the YMCA.. He was there pretty much every day working out and helping with things. He hurt his back and went to the doctor and had advanced bone cancer, he died 17 days later. They are renaming the cycling studio after him so I am making this to hang there. I plan to put his name on it.

What a sad thing to hear. I'm so sorry. Your cycling quilt is the perfect tribute from you.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:07 PM
Power Poster

All I accomplished today, sewing-wise, was a couple of blocks for my Farmer's Wife 1930's quilt. Fun paper piecing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551246[/ATTACH]

If you are interested in these 30's type blocks, there's a QAL group here on the board making them. The thread is called Pony Club and each week there is a new thread just for that week's two blocks.

I have made 36 of the 99 blocks in the book, so I'm just over 1/3 done. Just started about a month ago, too. If you'd care to see the rest I've made, they are all posted here:
https://www.pinterest.com/bonbonevan...rs-wife-1930s/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02495 (Small).JPG
Views:	168
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	551246  
Old 05-30-2016, 08:48 PM

Meanmom, so sorry about your friend--we had a similar experience this weekend and it's still not sunk in.

Here is the customer quilt (small sampler) that I was intent on getting done today.(sorry, can't get the photo to load--will work more on it and re-try) Plus (no pic yet) I had MAJOR finish--the PIA Storm at Sea that is my daughter's wedding quilt (they celebrate 2nd anniversary in Sept---but made from the table topper batiks from wedding so goal was 1st anniversary) almost completely together! Some of you have read my whining about this quilt--how I had all the blocks done and then figured out the way I'd pieced it with "sashing" on all 4 sides simply looked like bad stars and lost the circular illusion. So I took those apart, reduced the side of block and had to re-cut and piece many more blocks. THEN I realized that my effort to make the "sashing" diamonds one piece using the Tri-Recs ruler and folding the fabric would make them 1/2" too long and result in NO points! So took apart again and re-cut and FINALLY finished! All that's left is the extra row of sashing on one side and the bottom and then I'm finished!! (except quilting, etc) Promise a picture as soon as that's done! Thanks to all that kept me motivated on this project!
Old 05-31-2016, 01:22 AM

Block 2 elephant. 2 done 7 to go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	551253