Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fold'n Stitch Wreaths >

Fold'n Stitch Wreaths

Fold'n Stitch Wreaths

Old 05-31-2016, 07:39 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
Toilet paper or paper towel rolls were suggested to place into each round for storage--keeps them from going flat and getting creases.
Good idea! I was wondering how to mail them. :-)
Old 05-31-2016, 07:42 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
Very very nice. I especially like the burgundy colored one.
I made a quilt out of that material. Also a quilt out of the yellow one.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by marcycn View Post
I have the pattern but didn't follow it. They use foam - whatever that is :-). I used fusable pelon and just two fabrics. I made the Pelon an inch smaller than the fabric and sewed around it on the back of one of the squares just barely anchoring it. Then I turned it through the opening I left. Then I sewed around the top close to the edge. The problem I had was in the sewing. I kept getting the squares sewn together wrong and it wasn't until I mastered that (using the template that came with the pattern) everything came together. Someday I will try the applique but for now I'm satisfied with what I've done. :-)
Thank you! I purchased the "2/3 yard Pellon 71F Peltex One-sided Fusible Ultra Firm Stabilizer" that the pattern calls for! Bad Move... waste of money and time. Your way is much better! I started one using the pattern method and made a mess and tossed it. Then I made one using Warm & Nat. batting that is usable, but a bit floppy. I then got disgusted and went to another project. I'm going to purchase some stiff interfacing and try again using your method. Also, I used 12 squares (per the pattern) and 10 are plenty. I'm going to remove two squares and salvage this one! (I used 6 1/2 cut squares. Will make the next one 5 or 6 inches.) Hope my mistakes will help someone else know what NOT to do. LOL
Old 05-31-2016, 08:26 AM

I used 7" squares and I only used 10 also. There is a page on Facebook under Fold'n Stitch Wreath way down a way that shows another way to do them. The Pelon I used is Craft-Fuse Crisp Iron on backing. Was $1.97 a yard at Walmart soe time ago so I bought the whole bolt. :-)
Old 05-31-2016, 09:04 AM

They are all so pretty! You did a great job!
Old 05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Very, very nice. I need to get that pattern.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:53 AM

You did a great job figuring out your own pattern and the wreaths look amazing.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by marcycn View Post
I used 7" squares and I only used 10 also. There is a page on Facebook under Fold'n Stitch Wreath way down a way that shows another way to do them. The Pelon I used is Craft-Fuse Crisp Iron on backing. Was $1.97 a yard at Walmart soe time ago so I bought the whole bolt. :-)
Yay... I finally got it! I watched that tutorial and she mentioned using a 30 degree Dresden ruler. That's what was wrong with mine, the angles were off! I ripped it all apart, pressed well, then remarked all 12 squares, using the ruler- instead of the templet that came with the pattern. Sewed it back together and it lays flat and is no longer wimpy! So the batting was not the culprit. It's now on my table with a candle.
Sorry, no pix yet. (My cell is on the fritz and my new one is due the 7th or 8th.) I'm so glad you inspired me to keep trying! Thanks. I'm doing a happy dance!

Here's an idea... Yes, I'm way ahead of time, but... I was thinking for Christmas... fill a large stemmed goblet with shiny ornaments or Poinsettias and a little pine, for the center. Then stuff each 'tube' with sprigs of pine spilling out onto the table or buffet.
I recall seeing an Easter one somewhere and each 'tube' held a pretty Easter Egg.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:03 PM

You did a wonderful job with your wreaths! I love each one -- the fabrics are perfect. I really have to make this wreath!
Old 05-31-2016, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

Really like your three wreaths.