Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sharon Schamber's Hoop-Dee-Doo >

Sharon Schamber's Hoop-Dee-Doo

Sharon Schamber's Hoop-Dee-Doo

Old 12-07-2015, 05:40 AM

Oh my....many steps.....I shall continue with the way I have done for years......but please advise us if you go forth with the "new" way and your results
Old 12-07-2015, 07:30 AM
k*2

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I had the same problem with the video. Sharon has a web site (http://sharonschamber.com/) and sells the set for $45. Even though adhesive-backed stabilizer is expensive, I think I'll stay with it for now. Maybe someone will have purchased her system and let us know how it works.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned

My BFF purchased this a while back and here is her experience- Expensive, a lot of extra work, they don't send near the amount of supplies they say they will, it works okay but nothing to write home about, and it's a real pain to get the stuff off of your hoop when you decide it's not worth all the work.

Cari
Old 12-08-2015, 10:08 AM

Sharon does beautiful work and is in a lot of shows I do not intend to enter any shows so I also believe it is a bit too much for me
Old 12-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by boone926 View Post
I don't think this process is worth the trouble. I did not watch the whole video but it wore me out just watching about half of it. Not for me.
I agree. I did watch the whole video because I thought it would be something I might use, but after watching for an hour, I decided that I would never get anything done if I it takes that much time.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by k*2 View Post
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I had the same problem with the video. Sharon has a web site (http://sharonschamber.com/) and sells the set for $45. Even though adhesive-backed stabilizer is expensive, I think I'll stay with it for now. Maybe someone will have purchased her system and let us know how it works.
Good choice. Your time is worth something.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:12 PM

This setup works really well. If you look around at the local home improvement stores (or Walmart), you can find the items you need fairly easily....even the foam she uses.

I used it on a 5x7 hoop to do 20 jackets (80 hoopings...the jackets zipped apart for warmer weather...put EMS logo on one side, person's name on the other...so 4 hoopings per jacket)...had no issues...sure saves a lot of time overall.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:04 AM

Congrats on your good work, like so many things having to do with quilting and embroidery, patience and reputation gets the job done! I think we are in an era of instant gratification and we need to slow down a bit. practice is always going to lead to success!