Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Rosemary >

Rosemary

Rosemary

Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM

Default Rosemary

I plant it in a pot each year...I pinch off a bit now and again and smell it...I love the smell.......I know it is a cooking herb, but I really have never used it. Tell me, what is it good for? All I can think of is lamb...and yes, I do that on Easter.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:15 AM

I use it to marinate chicken before I grill on the BBQ. Olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and fresh rosemary. Marinate for at least an hour, and don't overcook the chicken - always get rave reviews.

Rosemary pairs well with lemon, I often add a sprig to a glass of homemade lemon ice tea.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Great to add on roasts too~
Old 06-02-2016, 11:35 AM

It is wonderful on roasted veggies. Toss the cut up veggie with olive oil, s and p, and rosemary (pulled off the stem). Place on a cookie sheet and roast in oven. Yummy. Thyme works great also.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Just about any roasted meat plays nicely with rosemary like pork, beef, lamb and chicken. I also like to chop it up and mix with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice and toss with root veggies or just potatoes and roast. Chopped finely I have also used it on steaks. It is used a lot in Mediterranean cooking. When I use a medley of herbs I find the Simon and Garfunkel song really does taste yummy - parsley sage rosemary and thyme. These four herbs add a lot of flavor.

If your plant gets really big and hardy you can use the large sticks with leaves attached as skewer for kabobs. just pre pierce the hole to run the skewer through.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:06 AM

I use for turkey dressing & oven 'roasted' steak 'fries' as well as breads & rolls. Very versatile herb. Use it more!!!
sewverybusy
Old 06-03-2016, 05:21 AM

One of my favorite uses is to use it like a brush to brush on olive oil when grilling meat or veggies. Just gives a hint of flavor, but good.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:19 AM

I use it with garlic, thyme, parsley,salt and pepper to roast chicken. Delicious!
Old 06-03-2016, 05:10 PM

I got a recipe out of Taste of Home several years ago that was wonderful for me .Husband isn't into spices much except salt and pepper. Take a pork roast and cut pockets in it. stuff them with a mixture of minced garlic, rosemary, diced celery and s&p.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:52 PM

I love the smell of it but never cooked with it

any other vegie recipes using it?