Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
computer/embroidery machine question >

computer/embroidery machine question

computer/embroidery machine question

Old 06-11-2016, 08:02 AM

Unhappy computer/embroidery machine question

I have Windows Vista and two Brother embroidery machines. One Brother uses the memory cards and the newer one uses USB plug. My question is: the CDs I have purchased and transferred to memory card works, but I can't figure out how to transfer the same info from CD to USB. For some reason, when I try to open the CD by using the Run Start.exe command, all I get is what is already on my computer (in my files) and not what is one the CD. I'm kind of a dinosaur with computers so can use any help you can supply. Many thanks, Ruth
Old 06-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

I have Windows XP and Penny from EQ told me I could do a copy of Blockbase program (CD in drive isn't recognized) to a USB Flash drive. Haven't had time to try it out since I need to drag out my old computer.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:11 PM

Try to open new folder on desk top. Then put it cd and open ,select all then send to the new folder on desk top. Then take cd out tnen put thumbdrive in usb port allow time for conputer to recognize it, then open up new folder and slect all and send it to usb port, see if that works for you I hope.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:21 PM

First, make a folder on your desktop...name it embroidery, or designs, or easy to recognize word. Play your cd in your computer...click 'my computer', find the removable drive that the cd is in ( you can hover the mouse to find it)....click & choose 'open' or 'play'. (I don't know your OS.) so anyway, when the file opens showing all your designs, drag mouse and hi-lite the designs you want to move...a few at a time, then copy or send to the folder you set up on your desktop. In future just open folder, choose design, and send to flash drive/USB device. You can move the folder to wherever you want to store your designs. Set up category folders inside your main folder, and organize so you won't have to open the whole folder of designs ea time. If I have confused you with directions, I'm sorry--send me an email and ask for clearer instructions...you can fuss at me if you like!
Old 06-11-2016, 03:24 PM

Butterfly48 explained in a few words while I was being motor-mouthed. My how I do go on! Haha
Old 06-11-2016, 05:42 PM

should be able to go to my computer and open the cd then you would have to select copy now you should be able to put the usb in
Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 PM

As butterfly48 said, I use this method to store downloads free and purchased as well.