Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 06-18-2016, 06:00 AM

Libster, I don't know what it is with your address. Even though it's correct in usps's system, you never seem to get it! I'll email it shortly.

They're set and ready for pickup! On Saturday, the carrier should come early afternoon. You can check your tracking later this evening to see status.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]552413[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I don't have anything yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	552413  

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-18-2016 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:31 AM

"Even though it's correct in usps's system, you never seem to get it! I'll email it shortly."

Got it now. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:39 AM

I got mine yesterday. Can't wait until I get my package.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:04 AM

That looks like you did a whole lot of stuffing and getting the air out of those bags!
Yes, I received the notification..... I was getting a little miffed because when I saw it I thought hubby was on ebay again!
Old 06-18-2016, 03:46 PM

Well, there were four bags that certainly were a challenge! If we continue sending multiple f8s and asking for fabric back, this is going to continue to happen. We'll have to change packaging for those returns because that was much too fabric in some bags. I'll let you know my ideas later.

In the meantime, I really want to thank everyone. In many ways, it was a very smooth round from where I sat. After you get your packages, I would appreciate your feedback. I'll be emailing you by Monday anyway so you can reply to that.

Again, thanks for participating in Boom 16.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
That looks like you did a whole lot of stuffing and getting the air out of those bags!
Yes, I received the notification..... I was getting a little miffed because when I saw it I thought hubby was on ebay again!

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-18-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:12 PM

It was a blast. will set out 17 but may be back for 18.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:28 PM

If you just send cash, then I can print it out online but if you provide postage, I have to hand make the label and apply the tracking # unless you have already done do. I have a stack of them so it's not a big deal if you wish to send postage stamps. The one thing that everyone should note is there IS right and a wrong side to every package. The right side is the one that says a label should be applied there. If you are going to send me envelopes, please do address them on the correct side with a priority label. You can find them at your post office. Grab a few and pre-address them for future swaps. Terri, the carrier saw your package and initially rejected it because your name was on the reverse without postage. I had applied a label and the tracking on the correct side and showed her so she took it. It doesn't seem like much, but when the carrier is rushing to get nearly 20 packages scanned in, mistakes can happen. Had I walked back to the house before she left, the package would have ended up in the mailbox with a note about missing postage.

So, the question of PayPal came up. I do not accept PayPal payments for shipping. A couple of times I agreed to it but ended up with less than the postage fee because it was sent with me being charged the fee. The last time it happened I rejected the payment and the person had to send it the old fashioned way. Besides, not everyone has a paypal account. So it's cash or stamps only, no checks.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Good grief I forgot my phone at home and had to wait for it till last night when dh arrived. Can't believe how dependent I am on that darn little wonderful connection to the world

Janice I received my tracking number, is there something different I can do for the label?

Can hardly wait for the package to arrive

Jaba what did you figure out was wrong with your embroidery machine
Old 06-18-2016, 04:57 PM

Nelco, I'm glad you enjoyed the boom. I hope you enjoy your blocks. I actually looked at a lot of yours - your fabric choice was one of my favorites. ��

On this subject, I'll just let you all know that at a minimum, I saw 5 or 6 blocks out of every package you will receive. I did check those for neatness, good construction and size and I altered nothing any block. I'll tell you what I found: I found everything! I found some blocks I would consider "perfect" in all 3 categories and some not so much so. Size remains the biggest issue. I'm not sure why that is though. Some clearly measured, some didn't. I saw some blocks that looked ridiculously difficult and yet were virtually spot on at 12 1/2 inches square and other simpler blocks that were way off. I ended up looking at many more blocks than I originally intended so I believe I have a good picture of the blocks but it's your opinions and perceptions that really count. You all must view them with an eye to what's important to you. Anyway, the blocks are now on their way to you and I welcome your comments.

And now I'm going to sign-off for the rest of the weekend and maybe work on my own blocks!

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
It was a blast. will set out 17 but may be back for 18.

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-18-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:26 AM

You're the greatest Janice. To be able to accomplish this seamlessly and unless you share with us we would never know the challenges you have. But you did it! We all understand life happens and want to support you.

I did get my tracking number and it says my squishy is in Atlanta.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:26 PM

Janice thanks for the info. learned something new