Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hancocks going out of business >
  • Hancocks going out of business

• Hancocks going out of business

Old 06-19-2016, 03:13 AM

Our Hancock has all of their Absolute Cottons for 70% off. I bought about 6 yards yesterday. They still had quite a bit of notions left. Makes me sad to see the store so empty and "sold" signs on most of the shelves and fixtures.
    Old 06-19-2016, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bree123
    Wow! What a deal! Of course, I can't imagine I would ever sleep again trying to use up 50-100 yards of fabric.

What plans do you have for all your fun finds? Perhaps I can enjoy them vicariously -- I fractured my hip so for the next 8 weeks I'm limited to handwork & I'm desperately missing FMQ time; but even still -- 100 yards of fabric!!! omg!!!
    So sorry to hear about your hip Bree123! Hope you heal quickly and fully soon! I have 6 grankids and another on the way, and they are all waiting for quilts. Not to mention a few nieces and nephews. So I will be busy. At my age I just hope I don't run out of time before I get them all done! LOL. It certainly will be fun!
    Old 06-19-2016, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb
    It's a nationwide chain that has gone out of business. Sold their entire inventory to one of those liquidation companies. Ours is now basically down to the fixtures. Last week, stopped in to see if there were any usable notions left--needed pins--but no luck.
    This one is supposed to be around until the middle of July. With these prices they may not make it till then. I keep looking at the shelves they are selling, wondering if I could fit a few in my sewing room. I think l could if I get rid of a few things.
    Old 06-19-2016, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by OhCanada
    Super deal and great fabrics - you won't have to buy backings and border fabric for awhile. You should definitely stock up while you can, you don't often come across a deal like that in a LQS.
    That is actually my goal. I won't be able to afford fabric once my husband retires so I'm trying to stock up!
    Old 06-19-2016, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
    Our Hancock has all of their Absolute Cottons for 70% off. I bought about 6 yards yesterday. They still had quite a bit of notions left. Makes me sad to see the store so empty and "sold" signs on most of the shelves and fixtures.
    Yes, this is sad....it is not good when a major fabric/notion source goes out of business. I will miss Hancocks, it was my go to for heavier weight fabrics at spot the bolt prices.
    Old 06-19-2016, 07:29 AM

I live in Billings Montana and ours closed also I liked shopping there.
    Old 06-19-2016, 09:07 AM
    Power Poster

I also have taken advantage of the sale to the tune of about 60 yards of fabric, threads, bobbins, needle threader, machine needles, lamps, embroidery stabilizers, interfacing, lighted magnifying glass, specialty rulers, and patterns. I am sure there was more stuff I got but am forgetting to mention.
    Spent a bundle, but saved so much I can't complain. I plan on going again tomorrow again. At these prices, how can you say no? I will look at clothing and outdoor fabric this time. How fun to buy at such great prices. Like someone said once it is gone, I will miss my favorite store.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-19-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    Old 06-19-2016, 09:26 AM

Wahoo!!! You did score big time. So glad for you.
    Old 06-19-2016, 12:27 PM

i was bummed to see mine go out, too. They had such a nice quality of fabric. i can't buy fabric like that w/out a plan in mind. Glad it worked for you!
    Old 06-19-2016, 03:44 PM

I went to our local one yesterday. Actually found a few yards of Warm and White batting which I got for 70% off. A couple of cotton fabrics too. I think I will try to get back there now that the fabric is down to 60 and 70% off. Before it is all gone.