Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pythagoran's Lute - Help needed >

Pythagoran's Lute - Help needed

Pythagoran's Lute - Help needed

Old 06-10-2016, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
I think the outside points at 5 o'clock and 11 o'clock are mixed up or perhaps it is the whole spiral that is in the wrong place.

What happens when you swap them out?
This is what I see, too. I tried to imagine moving them so they form the solid square but can't see how you could.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
This is what I see, too. I tried to imagine moving them so they form the solid square but can't see how you could.
I had to remove a bunch of pieces to get it to work!!!!

It's all sewn together now ... but now I have major seams to try and figure out ... LOL ... in some places there are 12 pieces of fabric meeting up ...
Old 06-10-2016, 01:54 PM

One of the long arm quilters at my guild said she will use Best Press in a syringe. She squirts a fine stream into the seam allowance and presses hard to get the centres of motifs to flatten out.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

It will be beautiful when you get it all figured out. I use to pride myself with attention to detail, there is no way I could have figured that one out. I guess that is why I stick to easy, plain quilts.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:57 AM
bj

I agree with tothill. I think your outer light/dark pink pieces are switched. It could affect the curve maybe. I love your quilt so far.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:04 AM

I made a wall quilt pattern that I bought and I had trouble lining up the trianges. So I measured the pattern and found that the measurements were off. So check the pattern!
Old 06-21-2016, 01:56 AM

Default Was the pattern at fault?

I just purchased the pattern. The errors you had, were they the fault of the pattern? (am I going to have the exact same problem?)

Could I have a photo of your finished quilt? I do believe you have the most beautiful color choices!

Thanks so much!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:53 AM

Katinka. They were my mistakes!! I had grouped some of them incorrectly when I laid them out and didn't catch it. Pattern wise there were no mistakes. Just make sure you really know how to work with multiple seams because the closer you get to the centre it becomes a nightmare!!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:28 PM

I fell in love with this - I bought and downloaded the pattern, but went a bit different with the colors, then extended the spiral to make it rectangular. I just picked up more of the dark teal green so I can get to work on the border.

I think I'd like to try this using 10 different fabrics instead of five, but that would really require keeping track of what you are sewing. With 5, you make opposite pairs of each color combination, so I didn't keep anyting seperate until I had all the individual sections peiced. Then I laid them out and started sewing the together.

I also trim edges and remove all the paper before I start sewing sections together. I have no luck getting anything lined up with two pieces of paper involved.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:33 PM

Default Tips on multiple seams

So do you have any suggestions on how to work with many seams that worked for you?