Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
FYI Fabric.com shipping >

FYI Fabric.com shipping

FYI Fabric.com shipping

Old 07-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Real small letters at the top.
Fabric.com is Amazon.
If ordered off Amazon site you get free shipping on any amount. If you order from the website you don't. Your choice. Fabric.com on Amazon doesn't use prime. It is free shipping without prime. Same for most of the fabric manufacturers selling on Amazon. Hancocks of Paducah has free shipping on most fabric sold through Amazon. No minimum limits.

Last edited by Onebyone; 07-11-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the info on the free shipping, thought it was only for Amazon Prime since I use a Prime Membership, so went to check it out and couldn't resist buying more fabric. Wonder how long the free shipping will last.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:24 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

I also checked both sites, same fabric. Amazon said no shipping and it didn't specify Prime, which I don't have. Since fabric.com just added the shipping change I'll bet Amazon is right behind.... maybe waiting for a certain date to make the change. You can bet they will both be the same soon since Amazon says all fabric is sent from fabric.com. I was surprised the price for the fabric I chose as a demo was the same on both sites. So it definitely benefits us to check more than one site. The problem I have is sometimes I can only find what I like at one site and no other site is selling it. :-(
Old 07-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

I hope it won't change. It hasn't for other fabric shops that sell on Amazon. Amazon reaches millions, the shop mostly thousands.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by marcycn View Post
Fabric.com (part of Amazon) use to have a policy of free shipping over $35. That has changed to free shipping over $49 with a $4.99 shipping charge up to $48.99. That's for continental US.
Hmmm.. since Amazon jumped its shipping to free over $49 I have almost completely stopped purchasing from them. I end up site to store from Walmart a lot these days. I do use Amazon's subscribe and save service, but who knows how much longer that will continue to be free ship.

Oh well. Lucky I just purchased some fabric from fabric.com (108 inches white print on white) for a little over $6 a yard. Got the free ship on that one.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

since Amazon jumped its shipping to free over $49

Amazon Prime saves me more then the cost of having it. Prime is much more then free 2 day shipping. I'd have it if shipping wasn't part of it.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:21 PM

i love Amazon Prime
Old 07-12-2016, 04:45 AM

I get ready to place an order with various fabric companies but when I get to the shipping fees, I delete my order. What may be a good deal on fabric is lost to shipping fees.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by fivepaws View Post
I get ready to place an order with various fabric companies but when I get to the shipping fees, I delete my order. What may be a good deal on fabric is lost to shipping fees.
Ha! The same thing happens to me. The "shopping" can be a good time, though!
Old 07-12-2016, 09:10 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by fivepaws View Post
Unfortunately I don't live in a place where I can get material except in Walmart. If I want anything better I have a 30-45 minute drive. Therefore, when I take into consideration gas prices I just pay the shipping. With so many coupons from Joann's I can usually get enough off something to make up for the shipping. :-)