Windows 10 vs Windows 7

Old 07-24-2016, 05:22 AM

I tried Windows 10 which I didn't find hard to use. I just couldn't access my Embroidery Designs and as I have thousands or tens of thousands there is a lot of money invested. A guy at the local electronics store said the same happened to his wife but she found a free program to cover that, trouble is he didn't know the name of it. Does anyone know of this program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Old 07-24-2016, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
My computer guy said not to go to windows 10. He has had several clients that he switched back to 7.
Mine recommended switching to it, he was/is part of the test team. It's been great, no problems. More problems with this forum, constantly freezing up due to "long running script" - unfortunately, when you have slow internet, all the advertising screws one up. Makes me just leave the forum for that day. And, it only happens on this forum, nowhere else, so I know it's not the computer.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I upgraded to Windows 10 on Friday and I can not access my email. I have Windows Live Mail and everything I tried I still can't get it to work. Other than that it's not to bad, I didn't lose anything in the process.
I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and my Windows Live mail works fine. Try contacting your Internet Service Provider. I bit the bullet & upgraded as the end of this month is the last that Windows 10 will be free. My computer guy had upgraded all his clients to Windows 10 and feels the bugs have been resolved.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:06 AM

Windows 7 !!!!!! I have Windows 10 on my computer now but it's leaving soon, too much trouble.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

I bought a new laptop with 10 on it. I'm not having any problems. It's pretty much like 7. On the otherhand, my sister upgraded to 10 & her mouse keeps flying all over the place & her screen goes nuts too.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:37 AM

I am more surprised than anyone that I have had very little problems cropping up since I upped to 10 about 5 months ago and I am 84, so guess it can't be too bad. I don't use any computer-based e-mail program however. We have a Go Daddy account here. It is kind of interesting, poking around and seeing what works and what doesn't and I have not gotten into any corners where I can't get out...yet. My laptop is over four years old.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:09 AM

Every time someone posts something about Windows 10 I read it with great interest. I was gifted a complete version of 10 last Christmas and have yet to download it. I'm really waffling about diving in and starting to learn a new program. I don't spend a large amount of time on the computer or internet, but when I'm there, I want to be able to navigate everything quickly and get to where I want to go without any glitches! I may download it on my laptop first and just play around with it to test if I really want to download to PC.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:31 AM

I did the same as you , changed , went back to 7. Windows 10 needs more work or instructions for me to completely understand their program. I am not computer savvy.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

I dislike all these upgrades because they all seem to have problems. That is why I am still on XP.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:14 AM

I inadvertently made the transition to 10. (hit the wrong button and went to bed) I'm okay with 10, no problems. We were still on 7 as well (one experience with windows 8 was more than enough... so bad that there isn't a windows 9).
Except for losing places in games (I was at about level 610 in Patchworkz had to start back at 1!) and that they still don't give us basic solitare etc anymore (I guess they figured that we all knew how to use the mouse by now LOL) I can live with it. The art on the opening page is consistently beautiful. Time moves on and so does technology. I wouldn't trade even something as bad as Windows 8 for my old gold print on black background dumb terminal. But if I could get Tetris for the Apple IIGS ( the one with the Russian circus theme) it would be a lot harder decision to make.