Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Reading, PA, USA >

Hello from Reading, PA, USA

Hello from Reading, PA, USA

Old 01-29-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Originally Posted by mic-pa
Hi, from another Pa. gal. I live in the NE. I have been to Wooden Bridge and Hayloft quilt shop many times. Love to take road trips down that way. Welcome
Weather permitting we are coming to PA (Walnutport) next weekend for a quick trip to see the kids and grandkids. I want to 'stop' by Hayloft to see their fabrics and be comfortable ordering from them online. It will be a quick trip with lots going on. Eastern Sportsman show in Harrisburg, then watching NASCAR Sat night and then superbowl on Sun. Mon is a quick visit to other d-i-l and granddaughter (Son is in the Army and on his way to Haiti) Then a stop at Hayloft and then headed home.

WHEW --- I'm tired and we haven't left yet!
LOL! I work a real job Mon- Fri, I can only meet on the weekends
Old 01-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Banned

I won't have much time to meet anyone. I'll be taking my husband shopping with me...... pray! Not sure how he will be. I do know he wants me to make him (us) a queen size southwestern quilt, so I'm hoping to have his input on what fabrics he likes.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 AM

Welcome Theresa I am from the Lehigh Valley area - what is the address of Quilters Palette would like to stop by sometime, is that the shop you teach in? I spend most of my fabric shopping time in Lancaster have been to Hayloft, Wooden Bridge in the past. Do you ever get time to go the other fabric shops in Lancaster?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JUNEBUG
Welcome Theresa I am from the Lehigh Valley area - what is the address of Quilters Palette would like to stop by sometime, is that the shop you teach in? I spend most of my fabric shopping time in Lancaster have been to Hayloft, Wooden Bridge in the past. Do you ever get time to go the other fabric shops in Lancaster?
3130 Pricetown Road
Fleetwood, PA 19522
phone 610-929-3191
web site www.thequiltpalette.com
hours and class schedule on the web site.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Teresa 54
Originally Posted by nursie76
Welcome from North Central PA. I am only about 2 hours from you. Was just there in November. Found a huge Joanns and a Mennonite quilt shop just near the turn pike. Can't remember the name. Lots of great fabric. Found an awesome selection of flannels. Maybe we can meet sometime and you can introduce me to some more LQS's.
Souders in Muddy Creek, I had a horrible time there with fabric I bought, I don't shop there any more, they refused to take back the 12 yds. I bought. It was flawed.
all the fabric I purchased there was flawed. I travel alot and teach and I never recommend anything but quiltshops and trade shows.
I only buy the better quality fabrics from quilt shops. Its just not worth the aggravation to shop in barns etc. I like to keep the quilt shops in business.
Yep, that was the name of it. It's a shame you had a flaw in such a large purchase of material. They should have made it right. I got some really nice material and found no flaws, guess I was lucky.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 PM

hi from NJ & Florida..........
Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma