Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
viking prelude 340 >

viking prelude 340

viking prelude 340

Old 08-06-2016, 02:01 PM

Default viking prelude 340

Hi there, hope you can help me. I got a viking prelude 340 from eBay. Excellent shape and am very happy. I normally use the prefilled bobbins in my other machines without problems. Does anyone know if I can also use them in the viking?? Also, I see listings for universal attachments, would they fit it??? I didn't receive any attachments or bobbins when I got it. Thanks so much for any info!!!
Old 08-06-2016, 02:05 PM

I will be watching this post, as I recently bought a Viking Prelude 360 ... also from eBay!!!

I would think if the pre-wound Bobbins are Viking bobbins then you are good to go.
But what do I know?
I don't buy pre-wound.

I was specifically looking for a 2nd Viking machine as my other machine is Viking.
I think most of my "feet" are going to be interchangeable.

I hope you like your new machine!
I've tried mine out & I LOVE IT!!!
Old 08-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Jackie, so far I'm loving it. Its my first viking so I'm still learning this bad boy. I borrowed 1 bobbin that I've tried out. The preloaded ones are so handy and cheap, 144 for less that $15. But I only have the reg foot no others so I was wondering if the universal ones would work. Would love to find someone with extra viking attachments. Guess I'll keep an eye out on eBay.......
Old 08-06-2016, 02:50 PM

There is someone here on this board who has worked for Viking. She (or he) answered a couple of my questions after I got my machine ... so hopefully you'll get some answers too!
Old 08-06-2016, 06:09 PM

I have this machine and have all of the attachments and the bobbins. I don't think any prewound bobbins will fit this machine and I know that universal feet or a walking foot will not work. This is a class 5 Viking (Husqvarna/Viking divide their machines into 7 classes). My walking foot from my Husqvarna #1+ (class 1) and its bobbins and $129 walking foot couldn't be used on my Prelude! (I was so annoyed!) Husqvarna/Vikings need Husqvarna attchments and bobbins (mine are green and have the little H on them) and you need to make sure that you buy them for the right class of machine (it does state this on the small print of the package). Viking feet specific to your machine are also more expensive than universal ones (at least they are in Canada).
Old 08-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

I find attachments for my older Bernina on eBay. I find that they work better on my Bernina than generics.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:00 AM

I have an old Designer 1 (VIking) and use pre-wounds a lot. I can't wind the empties on my Viking bobbin winder but can wind them on my quilting bobbin winder (separate machine). I found I can't wind them fast on that machine as they tend to snap in half so wind them about 3/4 full and use them till they break on me. My Viking takes the special Viking green bobbins and I have no Viking store nearby so reason for using the empty Neb pre-wound bobbins. I can use these Neb bobbins in my Brother, Babylock and Viking too.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:02 PM

Universal bobbins won't work on the Viking machines I will PM you with more info.