How to conserve?

Old 08-13-2016, 08:11 AM

I print on draft quality most of the time. It uses much less ink.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:39 AM

I have an HP that uses 61. I will be trying the shaking to try to get a little more out of them. Thanks for the hint.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

I use this font when printing. It uses 50% less ink. It is tiny dots not filled in so it saves a ton of ink. For general prininting you can't tell any difference: http://www.ecofont.com/en/products/g...ving-font.html Many small businesses uses Eco fonts of different types for most all their general printing. You can buy many different types but I use the free one.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:22 AM

I go online and buy cartridges from inkjetsuperstore.com I bought the generic cartridges for my Canon, Brother and HP. They're a lot cheaper than the name brands and I've never had a problem with them. They last just as long or longer than the name brands.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:21 PM

I also have a HP that seems to go through a lot of ink. I used to have a Lexmark that I loved & ink lasted me a long time. The regular HP ink doesn't last long at all but if you buy the HP HL, it seems to last a lot longer. It also costs more but in the long run it is worth it. The price of ink is just ridiculous!
Old 08-14-2016, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I use this font when printing. It uses 50% less ink. It is tiny dots not filled in so it saves a ton of ink. For general prininting you can't tell any difference: http://www.ecofont.com/en/products/g...ving-font.html Many small businesses uses Eco fonts of different types for most all their general printing. You can buy many different types but I use the free one.
Well that was certainly easy to do and I usually have issues with installing anything!! TY!
Old 08-14-2016, 06:44 AM

I was told at an office supply store that when not in use to always turn off the printer. That brings the ink cartridges to a point in the printer that seals the distribution point so that the ink cartridge is sealed between uses. I have an HP6500 wireless and I think I get a lot of printing out of the XL cartridges. I always buy them when they are on sale.

Last edited by Dakota Rose; 08-14-2016 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:04 PM

I have an HP printer that sucks ink like it was in the desert. Mine uses 61. I buy my cartridges at Wally-still expensive. I really hate to admit that it never occured to me to buy the generic ones or even look on line. So I thank all of you for the information.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:39 PM

I had the same problem, then I purchased an HP printer (HP 6830) for less than $100 which was suppose to be able to do about 1,000 pages a month; so I figured it would be better than I need. I absolutely love this printer/copier/fax. I also bought one of those $10 a month HP instantink cards, and when I enrolled I also received 3 free months of HP instantink. When enrolling my machine I had a problem so I called and the representative who was ever so nice and he told me to always use the high quality since I am in the program. You can pick what program you want from $3 to $10 a month.
I print 300 pages every month now - it's nice to print all those manuals (2 of which were 300+ pages each)and lessons for my embroidery software and machines and quilt patterns. And if I don't print 300 pages, they just roll over to next month. But just knowing that I can print without worrying about running out of ink is Great.
Since I have gotten the printer I have received all 4 cartridges (black and colors) 4 times, and I have only paid $20 so far. I am a very happy camper. If you want more info on the program just google HP Instantink.
karensue